Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

How can bugs like this get through QC?

Firethorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Firethorne

Well, I started playing, imported my character that I've had since ME1. I was using the default male Shepard, so didn't have any issues with the import, and came in at level 31. After tooling around a bit getting control of the Normandy, I go to start up a mission, enter my skill page, and see I'm back at level 1! All of my other party members are in their 30's, but my Shepard was reset.

Since I hadn't been manually saving diligently, I'm out about 4 hours of play. I'm really interested to see what all of the ending controversy is about, so I'll come back, but will wait until they patch this bad boy.

I also went to post this on the ME3 support forums. It seems I am not the first one who hit this bug. I try to add my story, but to add insult to injury I see, "You do not meet the requirements to post in this forum. Please see the FAQ for more details." The things I'm seeing on the faq are "New accounts on the BioWare Social Network can post after 24 hours from the time of their account creation." and "Some forums have an additional requirement that people who wish to post to have played a BioWare/Electronic Arts game while logged into your Origin account. Some forums also require game registration to post. Please see forum description for full requirements."

I have a retail copy of the game from Amazon, activated through the Origin client, and my account's signup date was in 2010. What the hell happened to Bioware? How can their flagship product be so messed up?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

Cause money.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rushed product. 

Firethorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Firethorne

Indeed, a rushed product for money. I don't know if the blame goes to EA or Bioware, but I'd say both. Bioware may have got my money this time, but they shouldn't count on it again anytime soon.

SoleVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SoleVillain

I had the same problem, but I had saves I could reload. Even after reloading saves the glitch would recurr over and over. To the point were I completed the game at around level 9.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By dillonwerner

I blame EA more than Bioware. Bioware was beautiful before EA came into the picture.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.