Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 Demo

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Bioware have announced via their Facebook page, that the demo for Mass Effect 3 will be arriving in January

The demo will have two gameplay modes. The first is a singleplayer level, most likely taking place on Earth, while the second will focus on the new multiplayer-cooperative component. Those with a BF3 Online Pass have early access to the MP component,

Mass Effect 3 is due out in March on consoles and PC.

akeripper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By akeripper4

early access with onlinepass from bf3..........

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By deathstriker666

@akeripper4 said:

Oh fucking EA. It's so obvious what type of audience they're trying to attract. Ah well, at least Mass Effect 3 gets a demo as apposed to most games today.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By SerHulse

The Multiplayer part is apparently locked to those that activated the BF3 Online Pass, there is another way to get it but that hasn't been announced (probably some preorder bonus).

The Singleplayer is available to everyone.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Ursus_Veritas
    @Hulsey90: Nah, BF3 Online Pass people just get access to the Multiplayer bit of the demo earlier than everyone else. They're announcing a way for people who don't buy BF3 to get early access sometime in November or December, but Day one of that demo, everyone will have access to the MP and SP bits of it.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

You know, Mass Effect 3 doesn't need a demo. I wouldn't be surprised if this is merely a marketing ploy to sell more copies of Battlefield 3, Crackdown-style.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I am not going to spoil my Mass Effect expirience with the demo.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@deathstriker666 said:

@akeripper4 said:

Oh fucking EA. It's so obvious what type of audience they're trying to attract. Ah well, at least Mass Effect 3 gets a demo as apposed to most games today.

Yeah, that kind of irks me. I'm sure that makes me a bad person or whatever, but not every game needs to be appealing for every person. I'm tired of this idea of trying to blend audiences or water certain genre conventions down just for the sake of sales numbers. Not in my Mass Effect!
    fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fullmetal5550

I would like to see some cross promotion between Mass Effect 3 and The Old Republic. Perhaps people that buy Mass Effect 3 get a free month or two of The Old Republic. That is cool Bioware is doing a demo. I pry won't play the multiplayer portion of it.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By AngelN7

I think is great that game has a demo but If someone wasn´t interested in Mass Effect this far I don´t think anything is gonna persuade those people, It´d have been cool if they did something like Dead Rising 2 case cero (without the part when they charge you for it of course) but a short scenario were they explain to you what shepard has been doing instead of just ripping half a level out of the main story.

dorimajmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dorimajmun

@Mr_Skeleton: Same here. Before I player ME2 I tried a demo on steam. In the demo you play a level where you rescue Jack, so that mission was completely spoiled to me :(

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Wow, EA are getting desperate with BF3. They're not confident enough in their game, so they package an early access code for another games demo with BF3?

I actually kinda hope EA fall flat on their faces with BF3. Not that I want MW3 to succeed either, but EA are becoming just plain dicks about it now.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AngelN7

@Creamypies said:

Wow, EA are getting desperate with BF3. They're not confident enough in their game, so they package an early access code for another games demo with BF3?

I actually kinda hope EA fall flat on their faces with BF3. Not that I want MW3 to succeed either, but EA are becoming just plain dicks about it now.

Yeah it´s kinda crazy how desperate they are and I don´t like the attitude of let´s make every shooter we have a "COD killer" when I think it´d be smarter to target those to a different audience , also it dosn´t help that they´re trying to market a game with a 3 to the masses , I guess they´re thinking "how do we tell people that our 3rd Battlefield game is better than the 3rd Modern Warfare".

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By sparklykiss

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Yeah. And it'd just make me even more antsy if I did decided to play the demo. And nooo body wants to get all antsy in the pantsy like that.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By BawlZINmotion

@Creamypies said:

Are you actually angry EA are trying to cross-market two of their own games? That's kind of like being mad at them for selling their games how they want to... oh wait. In fact, why even bother with Mass Effect 3? It's an EA game from a developer who sold out, it might take your sole with it during a Gamestop trade-in. Better stay clear buddy.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
    kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By kristov_romanov

Dear EA,

Eat a cock.

You tie a portion of a demo for a game franchise that I love to a game that I have no interest in, and is in no way related to it...

Get a dildo enema.

love,

KR

velucyraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By velucyraptor

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Amen.

matt_wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By matt_wickstrom

I would understand if the early access was for a full-fledged beta, but only for a demo? Thanks a lot EA.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If there was no demo, people would be pissed.

If there was a demo and it didn't show the multiplayer, people would be pissed.

If they released a demo with the multiplayer with early access to people who bought BF3, people would be pissed.

If they released a demo with three hours of singleplayer content that unlocked a bonus gun or something, people would be pissed .

Let's really look at why people are pissed off now; they have to wait to play a fucking demo. A demo.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dany

How dare they.

No really. How dare they release a demo.

All I want to do is play the damn game as soon as possible but now they are forcing my hand by releasing a demo.

Bioware, more like Bio$hare!!!!

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By rapid

Looking forward to GiantBomb Posse for Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Beta (PS3 version)

Tempted to also buy the PC version since I have a few friends who are PC purists -_- (But God...origin....)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By napalm

@Mr_Skeleton said:

This is what I was thinking.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#24  Edited By Savage

@Dany said:

Bioware, more like Bio$hare!!!!

This is what I was thinking.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ds8k

All I get out of this is that there will not be a PC demo.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By david3cm

I personally think the idea of a demo isn't a bad thing. Hopefully it wont be to spoiler filled, and after playing through mass effect 2 about three times I really want to play some ME3. Giving early access seems kind of slimy, but there have been worse tie ins before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.