Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Not that you really care what ESRB says, but.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Did anyone notice how on the back of the box it says there's only blood, but in the game there's gore as well? I'm just wondering how ESRB didn't catch such a thing when it's somewhat prominent in the game, well, prominent may not be the word, but in case you play the game on the easier difficulties by any chance (and less so, but still on Insanity), you'll be able to shoot heads off of Cerberus soldiers each and every time you aim for the head, or if a grenade is thrown at their feet, their body will explode until nothing is left. Was I missing something, or did they miss it? I mean, this doesn't really matter in the end, but I thought I'd mention it anyways 'cause I found it somewhat interesting. I just find it weird that ESRB can catch the very unnoticeable nude part in Crysis 2, but they miss this. I understand that the developer gives them something to watch, but I think this is a little ridiculous. I guess I just kind of answered my own question on that, but still.

Mass Effect 3 rating summary:

"This is an action role-playing game in which players assume the role of a space commander attempting to save humanity from a galaxy-wide threat. As players interact with myriad characters (e.g., developing alliances and relationships), they use machine guns, shotguns, assault rifles, and futuristic weapons to kill humans and alien creatures in frenetic combat. Enemies sometimes emit splashes of blood when hit; some sequences depict bloodstained characters or environments. Cutscenes depict other instances of violence: an alien shooting herself in the head with a pistol; a character getting impaled by a creature's claws. As the game progresses, the storyline sometimes references sexual material (e.g., “When this is over, I'm getting laid” and “Were oil and lubricants involved? Was there moaning?”). Players can also initiate brief romantic encounters between characters: dialogue choices are made, leading to kissing and caressing on a bed—sexual activity is implied. In one of these sequences, an alien character's buttocks and breasts are briefly depicted. The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” can be heard in dialogue."

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

That is strange.....EA may have not included any footage that showed gore, but if that was true they would be in legal trouble for withholding content.....you should send an email to the ESRB and see what they have to say.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By AngelN7

Didn't they show the "Headshot" shot in one of the trailers?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NTM

@Guided_By_Tigers: I'm not concerned with it, I just found it interesting.

@AngelN7: Maybe? I don't know what effect that would have on it though since I'm not sure that's how ESRB goes about it.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Karl_Boss

@NTM: I know I just thought it would be interesting to hear what they say about it.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Potts

ESRB doesn't play through the games they rate - that would take waaaaay too long. Instead, it's up to the publisher to send video footage of examples of any blood, gore, cursing, nudity, drug/alcohol use, etc, and the ESRB will rate the game based off of that. It's possible that either the ESRB didn't figure the gore was "gory" enough to include it in the rating, and also possible that EA simply did not include it in the footage. Can't see what they have to gain by neglecting to mention it - it's already M rated. Probably a mistake of some type.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.