Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Operation EXORCIST Now Available On PlayStation 3

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By N7
    No Caption Provided

Soldiers of the Milky Way –

By now it is no secret that the Reaper War has had its share of logistical SNAFUs. It is to the galaxy’s credit that, when we put out the call for volunteers, we were answered by individuals of every species from Citadel, Traverse, and even Terminus space. Unfortunately, the diversity of equipment sources meant our allies ran into hardware and software incompatibilities.

These brave men and women have been fighting beside you and, in doing so, have gone above and beyond normal duty. Because their units were not properly tracked, they fought without pay and sometimes without proper training, equipment, even rations. It is a mark of their character that these warriors took the grave task set before us and stuck it out through sheer determination.

It is time to honor their service. A volunteer task force has fabricated the necessary hardware and is rolling out compatibility software. When these installations are complete, these soldiers will benefit from being properly equipped and combat-ineffective troops will get off the bench. We’ll all have more comrades watching our backs, and we’re now watching theirs.

–Admiral Hackett

When it comes to retrieving classified data, Cerberus has been beating the allied forces to the punch. New intelligence has tipped us off to one of their offensives, and it is time to give the N7 teams the payback they want.

Allied Goal: Kill 1,000,000 Cerberus Phantoms.
    Squad Goal: Survive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty.

Successful completion of the Allied Goal will grant all players a Victory Pack.
Successful completion of the squad goal awards a Commendation Pack to all squadmates.

MAJOR OPERATIONS UPDATE: Good news Spectres! Starting with Operation EXORCIST, N7 Weekend Challenges will extend to the PlayStation 3 platform. Operation EXORCIST begins today, April 27th at 6:00PM PST until April 30th at 5:00PM PST, on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Please remember to set the “Upload Gameplay Feedback” setting to “On” in the online options to be able to participate in this N7 Operation.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield. 

Source

I think everyone can agree when I say: It's about time. It sounds like a really tough mission, killing one million Phantoms and all, since they are insanely tough, but surviving Gold on any map, any enemy should be easy with the help of a character with Decoy. Remember to play your role and use those tech-explosions/biotic-explosion!

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By onan

Phantoms? Phantoms are really easy, vulnerable to pretty much every power. They'll occasionally sneak up on you, but for the most part as long as you don't shoot their sword, they're fairly easy to kill. And if you have a single person with stasis on your team, they may as well have stayed on the supervillain yellow bus that brings them there because they're about to get schooled.

(Note they're not specifying Gold Phantoms, either. Just Phantoms.)

Edit: I took out 3 of them at once by myself with an Asari vanguard with stasis bubble and crappy SMGs on Silver. Really, they're nothing to be concerned about.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By N7
    @onan: Wait, what happens when you shoot their sword? Is that when they go all Kamehameha on you?

I've had bad experiences with Phantoms. I was doing a match not long ago and I knew there was a Phantom a little ways behind me, but I was helping out a pal take down an Atlus. Well, I guess I forgot how quick they were because she was directly behind me, doing all sorts of nasty things. We barely made it out alive... And that was silver.

Just mind the gap, use teamwork and most importantly: Decoy + Stasis. The decoy will pull their aggro, and the stasis will render them useless.
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By AngelN7

Damnit! I just Galaxy at War-ed my lvl 20 human engineer wich is for me the best class (since you can criple both enemies defenses with Incineate and Overload) there's no way I'm completing a gold challenge with any other class... I can probably use a Vanguard but I suck at playing those in MP.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By onan

@N7 said:

@onan: Wait, what happens when you shoot their sword? Is that when they go all Kamehameha on you? I've had bad experiences with Phantoms. I was doing a match not long ago and I knew there was a Phantom a little ways behind me, but I was helping out a pal take down an Atlus. Well, I guess I forgot how quick they were because she was directly behind me, doing all sorts of nasty things. We barely made it out alive... And that was silver. Just mind the gap, use teamwork and most importantly: Decoy + Stasis. The decoy will pull their aggro, and the stasis will render them useless.

The stupid thing is that the loading screen tips tell you to SHOOT their swords, because once you do, they're no longer able to 1-shot you with their uberswords.

Yeah, that's great, but then they pull out these painful SMGs and start flipping all over the damn place. Not worth the headache, let them jump around with their silly little swords on the other side of the map where they can't hurt me. And if you're focusing enough to hit their sword, just go for the headshot.

@AngelN7: Vanguard is ok, but you need to host, otherwise you're going to be a glitchy problem for your team. Also biotic charge is way less useful on higher levels as anything other than a way to refill your shield health.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AngelN7

@onan: Yeah Vanguards are not an option for me in Gold or even Silver, I should try to lvl up my engineer or check what debuffs the Sentinels have

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onan

@AngelN7: I think you'd be surprised what other classes have to offer. Consider an adept, focusing on lower weight weapons to increase power frequency.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SmasheControllers

It's about time and good to hear.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelN7

@onan: That's kinda how I play the Engineer just using an asault rifle so I can use my powers more frequently I just like that I can drop both Shields and Amor with ease using the Human Engineer class.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

Good, I don't need to do shit about those phantoms.

acarab1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By acarab1981

Squad Goal: Survive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty.

does this mean don't die at all, or just get extracted?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rjayb89

Whoever you are that changed the Silver challenge I thought I was going into into a Gold challenge, I applaud you, and we didn't even talk over our mics the whole game. Had no idea until those little pop-ups near the end. There were so many fucking phantoms on that satellite map, I forgot what it was called.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rjayb89

@acarab1981: I read somewhere that it was just a matter of surviving Wave 10 and not extracting. Either way, might as well try to finish the match then.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

Nice gonna be a lot of clueless gold pugs, joy.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngelN7

Yup don't try to take on a Phantom by yourself as a Vanguard bad bad move right there, I was confused what the Allied objective was I thought Phantom where the snipers so I went for some of thoose as soon as I found them. Not much luck in gold either I guess you do need a team for that one but I only play with randoms and mute them, it works most of the time.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By N7

I just had three hours of the worst Gold matches of my life. Holy Christ.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @N7 told ya
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By N7
    @Tennmuerti: I had been playing the game since it came out. All I ever wanted was a Krogan Soldier. That's it. Millions upon millions of credits worth of Premium/Specter Packs and nothing. Same story with the Batarian Soldier. I was in love the moment he was announced. I needed him. But no matter how much I spent, nothing. However, today was different.

I began playing at 6:00 PM Eastern time. Some Silver here and some Silver there. No problem. Silver is beyond a cakewalk. For a time, Gold was too, but we hadn't played it in so long we became estranged to it. After about two hours worth of Silver, around 8PM, I had gotten something I could I sworn I would never obtain, the motherfucking Krogan Soldier. My wonderful Sbarge was here. I was mindfucked. No way. But yes, it was real. And it was here. After upgrading him, seeing as how my soldier was already level 20, I played not a silver, but a Gold, with my other buddy. It was Gold, random map, random enemy, just two players. His freshly acquired Batarian Soldier and my own Krogan.

It was surprising, but somehow we were doing really well for Gold. 12 minutes and four rounds later, we were finished, and holy god balls was it a sight to behold. Melee, melee everywhere. Space Magic could have never prepared me for that amazing class. It was everything I thought it would be, and more.

Then the story takes a sad and horrible turn for the worst, as me and my buddy met two of the most incompetent players the world has ever seen. A Salarian Engineer who decided to run away from us and "lone wolf" the GOLD map, and a Quarian Infiltrator who used up his 3 medigel in the first three rounds, somehow completely incapable of understanding "NO DON'T USE YOUR MEDIGEL I AM LITERALLY STANDING ABOVE YOU". He was a good teamplayer, but good god that guy could not clutch a competition where all you have to do is turn right.

We never left for some reason. Even though we completely understood the fact that these guys had no idea what they were doing, we kept up and continued. In hindsight, which, then again, it's hindsight, we should have bailed after the first round ten defeat because holy fuck use your decoy asshole, but, we didn't. Our avenues of unrelenting joy had been curbstomped. And this wasn't some "Aw man, we got to round ten and lost", NO. It was a "Ha, how funny would it be if I ran out, threw my decoy right in the middle of my team, to pull the aggro directly toward them, then run out and use a Missile on ONE GETH PRIME AND NOT MAKING ANY ATTEMPT TO KILL THE SECOND ONE, MERELY INCHES AWAY, and continuing to lonewolf it, and not help the team who managed to carry your candy ass through 55 minutes of clusterfuck".

It was like those days of Nazi Zombies where the host left during round 35. That kind of pain is not something I would wish on my worst enemies. A for effort, but a F in fuckingshitwhatthefuckcomeonguysyourrank500youdthinkyoudhavelearnedsomethingyouasshole.

It was like as if, during that awesome scene in Top Gun where Tom Cruise was being a badass rebel and Kenny Loggins was playing, you were, all yeah this is awesome keep it up Tom you'll never be a weird ass dude holding Katie Holmes hostage, yeah, and then the motherfucking Batwing comes out of nowhere and shoots him down. Returning home to the Batcave, Batman takes his mask off to reveal that he was Tom Cruise all along what the fuck . That's what happened.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@AngelN7 said:

Damnit! I just Galaxy at War-ed my lvl 20 human engineer wich is for me the best class (since you can criple both enemies defenses with Incineate and Overload) there's no way I'm completing a gold challenge with any other class... I can probably use a Vanguard but I suck at playing those in MP.

An infiltrator class would work, if you want to be running for the objectives using this Gold made easy guide: http://www.giantbomb.com/mass-effect-3/61-29935/how-to-easily-win-me3-multiplayer-on-gold/35-544942

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @N7: I feel your pain and enjoyed your empassioned tale, but duuuude the last paragraph, I don't understand it!
    :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.