Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

So, Mass Effect 3 wouldn't import my dude.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Hosstile17

All of my save information has carried over. But, the game said it had some kind of problem with the visuals of my guy. Has this happened to anyone else?

On the bright side, I went from having a horrible monkey-man to having a dude that looks like Guy Fieri had a baby with Danny Trejo.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

I bet it had a problem with the visuals of your guy.

Dont have the game, just my 2c

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By tourgen

my character wouldn't import the facial appearance correctly either. it's making me a little unhappy. I'll try entering the code #

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By csl316

@tourgen said:

my character wouldn't import the facial appearance correctly either. it's making me a little unhappy. I'll try entering the code #

Is the face the only thing not carrying over?

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mikey87144

It seems to be a problem for everyone. Didn't work for me either.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

If the face remains the same from ME1 then this game has issues recognizing it.

Because ME1 did not have the face code thing, everything is just wonky for it. There is a way to get your shepards face back

FOR PEOPLE IMPORTING AN ORIGINAL ME1 CHARACTER:

ME3 is incompatible with faces built on the original ME1 editor. The reason for this is while ME2 takes raw ME1 data to transfer your face, ME3 does not, instead using the generated ME2 face codes. Unfortunately when importing a ME1 face into ME2, your character will not generate an accurate code. Thus, when importing into ME3, no face code exists for the game to read.

You can still import your character and all your decisions from previous games, but you will need to remake your face.

Or you can follow the instructions on this website to generate the most accurate ME2 equivalent face code for your ME1 original Shepard. It works very well. There will be some errors, due to the script used to generate the code, but most of these are basic and easily fixable things like hair/brow/iris colour. All the little details, such as facial shape, jaw width, nose height, etc, these will transfer correctly. The website used to generate your code will list what features it reset to default anyway, making it easy to see what you need to fix.

This works for 360 and PC saves.

rustyspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rustyspoon

Unfortunately, that guide won't work anymore (the ME2 Save Editor site has crashed). If it comes back up though, those instructions work great.

Bioware has finally acknowledged that this problem exists (even if their first response was "we had no idea this would happen"... sure), and are looking into it, but it looks like you're boned for now.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hosstile17

I wasn't super worried about it. But, I will miss my hideous monkey man.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By wrighteous86

@RustySpoon said:

Unfortunately, that guide won't work anymore (the ME2 Save Editor site has crashed). If it comes back up though, those instructions work great.

Bioware has finally acknowledged that this problem exists (even if their first response was "we had no idea this would happen"... sure), and are looking into it, but it looks like you're boned for now.

Remember when they swore up and down that there would be an auto-attack option in DA 2? Then when people were sold copies early and said it wasn't in there, they said it was because those were pirated versions of the game (even though they were legally bought in stores)? And then when people pointed this out, they said it would be a Day 1 patch? And then it wasn't?

Yeah, Bioware doesn't give a shit anymore.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By kerse

None of my saves are even showing up on the Mass Effect 3 import list... how do I fix this.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That totally happened to me. I was bummed at first, but i'm over it now. I managed to create a similar looking Shepard anyway.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By tourgen

@csl316 said:

@tourgen said:

it seems like it. My char is leveled up and all the choices I made look right on the bullet list they give you to review.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Alphazero

But without That Nose, how is my Shepard supposed to save the galaxy?

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By BaneFireLord

Yeah, that happened to me. I spent an hour trying to recreate my old Shepard and instead wound up with some kind of Nicko Bellic imitator.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By washablemarkers

This is a huge bummer. I was looking forward to starting the game tonight, but I really only want to play through it with my Shepard. I'm going to wait to see what BioWare has to say about this tomorrow, since their official response has been up for about ten hours now. Depending on how long it takes a proper patch to get to the 360, (it may be a while), I may just start with a fake Shepard, but it won't be the same.

Did I mention this is a huge bummer? I would have gladly waited another month or two for this game if I actually got to play as my character on day one. My Shepard will not be recast!

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Jrad

...frankly, I couldn't really remember what my Shepherd looked like. I think it was pretty damn stupid, though. So I remade him -- and he still looks pretty damn stupid.

Avatar image for gamecommaperiod
    gamecommaperiod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gamecommaperiod

Can this a game breaking bug before the game has even started properly? Depending on your attachment to your Shepard I suppose it is. My Shepard is canon in my universe. He might be fugly, but I don't want to play with an imposter. At the moment I can move on to other games, but if this bug can't be corrected is it the same game to me? Do I really even care since it is not longer my story?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By csl316

@tourgen said:

@csl316 said:

@tourgen said:

it seems like it. My char is leveled up and all the choices I made look right on the bullet list they give you to review.

I started playing a few hours ago, and at least the important stuff did carry over (such as level 30). Luckily I just played some ME 2, so I got pretty close remaking his face from memory.

Too bad I just realized I can't copy my save to my hard drive for back up. Looks like my USB stick isn't going anywhere for a few weeks.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vonocourt

ME1 character her, and my femshep wound up looking different (read:creepier) when I remade her , so I just imagine that it's her face slowly aging around all that reconstructive surgery she had...and she got a hair cut.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kerse

@kerse said:

None of my saves are even showing up on the Mass Effect 3 import list... how do I fix this.

So I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I figured it out. Apparently when you transfer data to a different hdd or something the cleared save data doesn't transfer, so you'll have to go in and refinish the last mission in ME2 on your new HDD, or just play the game on the old HDD.

jonny_mung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jonny_mung

I also had this problem and was pretty bummed when I realized it. Luckily I managed to custom a face that is very close to my original FemShep. I just rationalized that time had weathered my FemShep. =P

also: The new hair choices are not very good.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stryker1121

Bit of a bummer, no doubt, soo I just remade my new Shep in the old one's image. He's even uglier than Shep No.1 and could pass for the original's older brother.

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By jessej07

@kerse said:

@kerse said:

So I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I figured it out. Apparently when you transfer data to a different hdd or something the cleared save data doesn't transfer, so you'll have to go in and refinish the last mission in ME2 on your new HDD, or just play the game on the old HDD.

I've switched between 2 HDD and now am on a USB stick with my save files, my saves are fine and it still says I survived with my crew and destroyed the collector ship.

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By jessej07

I tried to remake my guy but he just looks... off.

Anyone else think that all of the noses to choose from look horrendous?

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kerse

@jessej07 said:

@kerse said:

@kerse said:

I've switched between 2 HDD and now am on a USB stick with my save files, my saves are fine and it still says I survived with my crew and destroyed the collector ship.

I guess it just hates me then :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.