Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Transferring Your Xbox 360 Save to PC

Downside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Downside

Just wanted to give people a heads up that it is indeed possible to get your Xbox 360 save from ME 2 to import into the PC version of ME 3. Though it does involve moving your save off you HDD and onto a USB.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-how-to-transfer-your-me-2-save-from-xbox-360-to-pc/

There is a link to the article, I have already done it and I can confirm that the process works and you will still be able to put the save back onto your 360 and import your character there as well.

In case any of you have an SSD drive like me I can tell you that it make a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference, especially if you, like me, systematically travel from floor to floor to speak with your crew mates after each mission. I made my first playthrough on 360, but I am doing my second on PC right now and the load times are incredibly quick. Having to go from floor to floor is hardly a bother, same goes for traveling back and forth on the Citadel and moving from War Room to the bridge.

Anyways, hope this is helpful to people who might be interested.

Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bubbly

Drive speed doesn't have an effect on the load times as I ran ME3 off of a 5400 rpm drive and my load times were identical to yours. But yeah the load times on PC are amazing. Having to go from floor to floor on both the Citadel and Normandy to talk to people has always been a problem with these games, so its great that the load times are so short.

Downside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Downside

Oh really? I wouldn't of suspected so considering just how poor the load times were for me on my first playthrough on 360 even with the game being installed on my system.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

The load times in that video look a little faster than what I'm getting off of my 7200rpm WD drive, but not much. Maybe I'll try moving the installation over to my SSD, I mean even a fraction of a second improvement in load times per transition is enough to make it worth it with as many hours as I'm putting into ME3.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By Mnemoidian

I'm getting similar load times to you, using a WD Caviar Black (7200RPM) drive. Watching the quicklook, seeing Jeff spend... half a minute? at that Checkpoint between the war-room and CIC blew my mind - for me, it's basically just stopping for half a second.

(though I assume it would be faster if installed to the Xbox's drive).

Load times never really bothered me in ME3, though.

Well, other than load times in Multiplayer... those are a bit too plentiful, even as short as they are :P

Downside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Downside

Having played my initial playthrough on the 360(with the game installed) the load times were a huge hassle. Having to go from floor 2->3->4->5->2 after every mission to get all the dialogue really slowed things down. That's not even counting the loading room between the war room and CIC, and the fact that on floor 3 the crew deck, the game would have to load Liara's room everytime. Worst of all though was the armor load in stuff, as you could see in the quicklook the 360 version takes forever to load in the different armor pieces and casual wear, it becomes flat ridiculous if you have been playing for a long time. I know I just got to a point wher I would reset my machine if I wanted to look through new armor pieces.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.