delphic's From Ashes (Xbox 360) review

• delphic wrote this review on .
  • delphic has written a total of 2 reviews. The last one was for From Ashes
  • This review received 1 comments

Javik, The New Zaheed

The From Ashes DLC for Mass Effect 3 is the day one DLC, and truth be told it might leave you wondering: Why did I buy this? From Ashes takes you back to Eden Prime where Cerberus is attempting to recover a Prothean Artifact. The artifact turns out to be a stasis capsule that contains a Prothean named Javik. The only real benefit of the From Ashes DLC is the addition of one Squad mate and a few lines of Dialogue. Though having Javik around can make for some rather humorous moments it is not essential to have him. Javik is equipped with Combat and Biotic abilities, but depending on your class of character or personal preference you might not use him that much or at all. When I played through Mass Effect 3 I did not use Javik in any of my missions, and the only times I would interact with him would be in between missions to see if there was a new cutscene. Compared to the rest of the characters Javik feels even more detached in the sense that you really wonder why he is there. From Ashes is not an essential part of the Mass Effect experience, and despite the new Character and few lines of dialogue you're not getting a whole lot for the $10 it costs to download it. I would advise waiting on the price to come down or get it with the a game of the year edition.

Edited by drac96

I generally agree with most of what you said, but Javik is certainly not the new Zaed. I hope that if they add more dlc characters they are like Javik. Zaed never said anything new, and he wasn't in any on ship cutscenes. Javik is a huge step up from the DLC characters we saw in Mass Effect 2. He has way more dialogue, and he actually has a ton to say when you bring him on missions.