Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medieval II: Total War

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 14, 2006

Medieval II is the fourth strategy game in the Total War series, and the second based during the The Middle Ages,marking a return for knights, castles and Crusades.

Replays?

KommanderCevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KommanderCevin

I like to save and watch my replays in Medieval II: Total War to catch things I might of missed in the heat of battle and also to enjoy the cinematic nature of the battle (some of the minute fighting animations are pretty good, especially for halberders who hook opponents heels to drop them and take a migthy swing to finish them off on the ground). 

Anyways, I've noticed many times on replays of online battles that things don't go exactly, or even close at all, to what happened while I was playing. I usually chock it up to lag during the game confusing the saved replay. But today I loaded up a quick match against the CPU, started watching the replay and was startled by how different the replay was. 

The battle was pretty straightforward when I played it, but in the replay units that made up my center were turned around sitting idle as they were hacked to death from behind. My General died even though it never happened in game. Random units started walking off into blank areas of the battlefield to do nothing. One instance I remember from the battle was when enemy cavalry circled around behind my left flank and I got my back line of spearmen turned around just in time to make horse kebabs. But in the replay, the same cavalry veer to the right flank, passing the spearmen they charged into in the game as the spears came to bear, and ran smack into the backs of my other units. To further back this up, the unit they hit then got charged by another unit of infantry and routed, even though in the battle only my crossbowmen and one unit of cavalry routed. 

Like I explained, this isn't a new thing with my replays, I just always firgured it was lag from online games, but in this case it is clearly not. Is the replay feature in M2:TW just messed up? Is it just me?
    Lethkhar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lethkhar

Did you win in the replay? :b

I'll get back to you on this. I had one replay where my opponent and I had both of our armies route or die except for our generals (both of which had lost their entire unit of bodyguards), so the battle basically ended in a duel between the generals. I saved the replay, of course, so I'll check if it's the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.