So, this apparently ends tomorrow.

#1 Edited by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

Is Giant Bomb going to do anything concerning this? I highly doubt it, but it never hurts to ask.

Not really much else I have to say except I had a ton of fun with the MGS3: Subsistence version and that the MGS4 version had such a terrible login process. :P

EDIT: Link for reference.

#2 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

What are you gonna do with your life now that you won't be able to play MGO? D:

#3 Posted by Atta (136 posts) -

weird. currently listening to bombcasts where they anticipate the release of MGO (and also that it'll bomb..)

#4 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

@PixelPrinny: Hide under a cardboard box and die a slow death. :(

#5 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

@DolphinButter said:

If you level cardbox hiding to level 3, you can charge with it like a bull, knocking people down left and right. It doesn't drain stamina though.

#6 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

@DolphinButter said:

If you level cardbox hiding to level 3, you can charge with it like a bull, knocking people down left and right. It doesn't drain stamina though.

There were so many great moments in this game. Kinda hard to avoid griefing since the gameplay is naturally absurd.

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

MGO was the most fun I have ever had with an online game, played every week for abut a year and a bit.

#8 Posted by Stete (748 posts) -

Ye, shame because it was quite unique the way it played, I wanted to go back and check it before they kill the servers but I don't even remember my login details, and for some reason you had to sign up to two different places and have 2 different login details and that's just fucking ridiculous.

#9 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

Didn't realize anyone ever played it to begin with.

#10 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

Pour one out, but first you have to make 4 different pouring accounts, let's do this the right way people.

#11 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I had a bunch of fun when i was playing that, i do remember getting bunch of laughs sitting in a game taking turns choking myself and another player so we could level up our CQC skills that was awesome.

#12 Posted by DukesT3 (1945 posts) -

I think I played it once... Maybe twice..

#13 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

@DolphinButter said:

@Grissefar said:

@DolphinButter said:

There were so many great moments in this game. Kinda hard to avoid griefing since the gameplay is naturally absurd.

Leveling up cardboard box hiding?! Clearly the world just wasn't ready for the genius and majesty that was MGO.

#14 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

Im not sure if my MGO is up-to-date, i dont remember deleting it, but if it is then perhaps it might be worth a Giant Bomb Community Bombing Run to commemorate the end?

#15 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@DolphinButter: Did you... change your name from Sleepy Insomniac to DolphinButter? Why?

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (15129 posts) -

I'll be sad but memories will be memories. Bought all the expansion packs though. Was good fun slicing people up as Raiden and Vamp oh.. and Meryl with her fucking ridiculous Desert Eagle that could one shot people. Hopefully we will see a new version of MGO in the future.

#17 Posted by JackSukeru (5962 posts) -

@M_Shini: Sounds kinky.

Tomorrow's Tuesday right? Tuesday Night Throwdown then?

or maybe just do nothing.

#18 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

@M_Shini: Sounds kinky.

Tomorrow's Tuesday right? Tuesday Night Throwdown then?

or maybe just do nothing.

Id love to do something to commemorate it but sadly im not free tommorow night :(

#19 Edited by FLStyle (4911 posts) -

I was playing the shit out of the beta and then after getting through the awful sign-up process I played it a lot more.

You guys remember the awful sign-up process right?

But then the first DLC came which added Raiden and Vamp? Or was it Ocelot, I can never remember. And no matter how many times I tried the game refused to let me buy it. This cut me off from the official servers and I was done with it after that.

#20 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

I really liked this game. I wish it gave further incentive to be more stealthy, but overall it was a lot of fun.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Man, I hope one person forces the servers to stay up by hiding in a box as long as he can. Like Halo 2, only far lower a profile.

#22 Posted by RainbowRaccoon (126 posts) -

AAAAAAHHHHH. Just bought a ps3 with MGS4. Was hoping to get into MGO. Balls :(

#23 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Oh wow, I'm surprised you noticed in spite of my decreased presence here. XD Yeah, Sleepy_Insomniac is taken up on a lot of sites, and I wanted a bit more uniformity since Dolphin Butter is my gamertag.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.