Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Any returning characters from the Solid series?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Not much is known about the cast of characters from Metal Gear Rising other than Raiden, I know it's a spin off, but what other characters would you like to see return?

I think that Rose and Raidens kid have to be in this, other than that I would like to see a Otacon appearance.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mixwizzard

Rose is probably going to be in it. Maybe some Snake appearances in flashbacks.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I bet everyone will be there in some form. Otacon, Campbell, Mei Ling, Meryl, Johnny, and even Drebin and his little monkey pal will show up. I think that literally every living character (and probably a few dead ones) will appear.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

@MooseyMcMan: Oh I would love to see the Monkey.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PillClinton

Sunny--that's the name of the girl that fries eggs in MGS4, right? Sunny.

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dyong

It would be nice to see Sunny, to see how's she growing up and all. When I saw the dog robot in the trailer I thought it was Crying Wolf at first.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By jacksukeru

I'd like to see Raiden's kid, see how he's dealing with all this cyborg nonsense going on around him.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#8  Edited By donutfever

He refers to "the good doctor" in the RoboDog trailer, which is what Naomi calls Otacon.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By IBurningStar

There will be Solidus flashbacks. 100% chance of this happening. I HAVE SPOKEN!

GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By GeneralZod37

I predict Vamp making an appearance or two.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I can't see Vamp not being in this game.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By reisz

Frankly I hope they went nuts with Cameos, It's not like they have the storyline to worry about, it's already confirmed to be Non-canon, I would be doing stuff like bringing Gray Fox back from the dead. Hell throw in some time travel and bring back The Boss as a young woman, put her in an exoskeleton and have her fight alongside Raiden, Old Snake is called in to help kill the final boss, after a successful battle the young lady Boss falls in love with Old Snake, Dr. Madnar re engineers Old Snake's cloned out fertility, 9 months later young The Boss gives birth to a daughter then BAM! we have a Revengeance 2 protagonist ripe for a Bayonetta 3 cross-over.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@Reisz said:

Frankly I hope they went nuts with Cameos, It's not like they have the storyline to worry about, it's already confirmed to be Non-canon, I would be doing stuff like bringing Gray Fox back from the dead. Hell throw in some time travel and bring back The Boss as a young woman, put her in an exoskeleton and have her fight alongside Raiden, Old Snake is called in to help kill the final boss, after a successful battle the young lady Boss falls in love with Old Snake, Dr. Madnar re engineers Old Snake's cloned out fertility, 9 months later young The Boss gives birth to a daughter then BAM! we have a Revengeance 2 protagonist ripe for a Bayonetta 3 cross-over.

Say what? All I've heard so far is that while it's not a Metal Gear Solid game, its story is still considered to be apart of the canon time-line.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By BisonHero

I think you guys are effing crazy. This almost seems like an original game that happens to star Raiden. Sure, Rose will be in there and some flashback to Solidus, but you guys expecting like the entire MGS cast to cameo are out of your goddamn minds. Platinum is making its own game, not slavishly involving all of the preexisting characters.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I don't know I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Platinum was brought in to fix the game, not lay it out from the ground up. There will for sure be some cameos. Definitely not the whole entire cast.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By reisz

@Yummylee said:

@Reisz said:

Say what? All I've heard so far is that while it's not a Metal Gear Solid game, its story is still considered to be apart of the canon time-line.

The quotes from Korekado and Kojimalead me to understand that it's a spin-off based on the same timeline, not that it's the successor to the world established in the Solid series. I suppose we'll know for sure if it shows up on the official sites timeline.

Trains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Trains

I think Raiden will be back, not sure about any others as of yet though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.