Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Plasma Lamp Stopped Working

robheath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I purchased the edition from gamestop which comes with the plasma lamp. I got it yesterday and it worked fine for a few minutes and then it started to die out. Now when I turn the lamp on, nothing happens aside from the blue light base lighting up. Anyone else having this issue with the lamp? I want to return it but that means I'd have to return the whole package being that it came in with the game. But the game works fine and I want to play it. *sigh* What to do... what to do....

robheath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS. The reason I am posting this here is I want to know if anyone else is having this issue. If it is widespread I don't even feel like it would be worth my time to send it back and get another if majority of the lamps are faulty.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Return to McDonalds. Ask for a happier meal.

robheath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like this issue is somewhat widespread. http://www.amazon.com/Plasma-lamp-broken/forum/Fx1BZE14AF3U1Z/Tx1CMB2R52VZUA8/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B009LWQ8FE

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi

Ouch. That collectors edition was $150 too wasn't it? =\

robheath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Yup. I contacted gamestop about a return. I am going to guess they will want the whole package back. If that is the case, I am just going to keep it. It still makes for a cool shelf piece when lit up without the plasma.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@robheath said:

@demoskinos: Yup. I contacted gamestop about a return. I am going to guess they will want the whole package back. If that is the case, I am just going to keep it. It still makes for a cool shelf piece when lit up without the plasma.

Was the extra $90 for the lamp or other extras, too?

Seems like a lot for an iffy lamp (even if it did work).

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damn. I nearly bought the CE, too. Decided against it, but man I saw a video of it and it did look really nice. I'm still considering buying it for the 360 if I find it at a lower price in Bestbuy or something later this year.

I'd say go for a return. For something that was the main reason for the $150 bump from $60, I'd say contact Konami and get it replaced.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@geteveryone: Yupp, $90 for it. The edition only comes with the game, soundtrack and steelbook case. Truly a waste of money.

Krathoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Krathoon

The lamp is touchy about temperature. If it is too cold, it will not work. It is in the manual. I moved mine closer to the floor and it held the charge.

It will probably work even better after winter.

Krathoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Krathoon

Eh. It seems like my lamp was working due to things laying around it. It is now giving off a high pitched sound when it runs. So, time to return it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.