Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

Any further word on a PC release?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I don't have either next-gen console, and I thought I would be able to play this game on a PC at some point, with some of the talk from people who were involved in the game, but nothing seems to have surfaced. I know that Revengeance took 11 months or something crazy to come out on PC, but has there been confirmation or denial of this recently? I really, really want to play both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, but not $450 want to play them.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

A Metal Gear Solid game hasn't made it to PC since 2, and only a super limited physical release that has never been available through digital distribution. What I am saying is don't hold your breath.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Vextroid

@corruptedevil said:

A Metal Gear Solid game hasn't made it to PC since 2, and only a super limited physical release that has never been available through digital distribution. What I am saying is don't hold your breath.

They have said the FOX Engine was developed with PC in mind (as well as the consoles.) I see some Ultimate version of Phantom Pain released 1 year after with any DLC released included and Ground Zeroes.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vextroid said:

Also, Rising. They have said FOX Engine was developed with PC in mind (as well as the consoles.) I see some Ultimate version released 1 year after with any DLC released included and Ground Zeroes.

Rising isn't a Solid game and other than being set in the same universe is a completely separate property that shouldn't even come into the equation.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vextroid said:

Also, Rising. They have said FOX Engine was developed with PC in mind (as well as the consoles.) I see some Ultimate version released 1 year after with any DLC released included and Ground Zeroes.

Rising isn't a Solid game and other than being set in the same universe is a completely separate property that shouldn't even come into the equation.

(Yeah I realised when proof reading after posting )

But it was a Metal Gear game ported to PC since 2-Substance back in '03. It could (based on the sales/reception) pave the way to release more MG/MGS games to PC. Or more Platinum Games games on PC, which I would also be happy with. vanquishpcpleaseplatinum.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Corevi
    @vextroid said:

vanquishpcpleaseplatinum.

I don't think Sega is in the position to bring anything to PC unfortunately, and it's definitely Sega that owns that IP, as well as Mad World/Anarchy Reigns.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@vextroid said:

@corruptedevil said:
    @vextroid said:

But it was a Metal Gear game ported to PC since 2-Substance back in '03. It could (based on the sales/reception) pave the way to release more MG/MGS games to PC. Or more Platinum Games games on PC, which I would also be happy with. vanquishpcpleaseplatinum.

Well, you're right on the Platinum front, probably dreaming on the Metal Gear front. Platinum's Legend of Korra game is already confirmed for a PC release.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By super2j

@vextroid said:

@corruptedevil said:
    @vextroid said:

Well, you're right on the Platinum front, probably dreaming on the Metal Gear front. Platinum's Legend of Korra game is already confirmed for a PC release.

I dont have a ps4 yet and my old ps3 is dead... I just want to play new metal gear (3 is the best and I NEED to see what happens to big boss), revengeance was amazing and I can't wait to play Korra, I would love a chance to replay Vanquish, and some crazy out of nowhere port of Bayonetta would be super cool too.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I know Kojima's said he's not opposed to it, but the realities of how Konami operates its business are strange at best, so who knows.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_nubster: they need a port house, i might came out like rising 1 year after the console realese

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt it will come. Usually PC gets shafted with these big console franchises.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cikame

And everything was right with the world.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The timing couldn't be better!

Avatar image for peterpasinili007
    peterpasinili007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I saw the game on Steam, I was hyping already.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well well well...

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#17  Edited By Cirdain
    The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cirdain said:

@the_nubster: IT JUST GOT RELEASED ON STEAM!!! WITH THE START OF THE STEAM SALES!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/

I'm gonna buy Dustforce DX & The Bridge instead cos' I've been really wanting to play them.

I bought it as soon as it was available. And according to a couple of places, it's a near-flawless port. I'm glad it turned out so well on the PC!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone play the PC version and tell me about Big Boss' shadow. Specifically the hair. Please.

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By crithon

@mooseymcman:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

it's not tressfx, but it's feels about the same as MGS4 hair. Just looks sharper.

I have been putting in 60 hour work weeks and this was the BEST SURPRISE to see this game on steam. Hehe, I tried PS2 emulators to get a nice 1080p snake on my monitor, but even then the hair goes inverted and weird junk will happen.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

BTW, ONLY FLAW..... Apparently Helicopter custom tracks was dropped..... I'm shocked that got cut out of all things in this port.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By development

I've logged about 12 hours of the PC version and it's amazing. I never played the console versions, so I can't say if it's better or worse, but I can't see how they'd improve it, if that says anything. Actually, that's not true; there is some noticeable pop-in (specifically the wooden crates and the orange pylons, mostly noticeable when driving and switching directions quickly. Distant enemies don't appear at all unless you zoom in with your binoculars) and the shadows could be crisper. I think those 2 things are holdovers from the console versions.

That being said, I love it. It looks gorgeous and plays fantastic. Just has those 2 flaws. Oh, and I wish it recognized the PS4 controller like Far Cry 4 does.

MasterpinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played quite a bit over the weekend, the port is superb. Got a decently beefy rig, been running it at 4K DSR with everything maxed out. Hasn't slipped below 40fps and generally sticks at a solid 60. Really excellent looking game and everything functions as it should. You can seamlessly go from mouse and keyboard controls to controller input (using an Xbox One controller). The mouse feel is perfect, no smoothing or acceleration to be found.

It puts a lot of the last year or so's PC efforts from major publishers to shame. Massive kudos to Konami for putting the effort in, very much appreciated. Can't wait for Phantom Pain now, this gives me great confidence in grabbing it Day 1 on PC.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: What? Why would they take out helicopter music? I hope that hasn't been cut from Phantom Pain as well. As cliched and overdone it is, I always loved hearing Flight of the Valkyries when my helicopter shows up in GZ.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mooseymcman: The default helicopter music is still there (including Flight of the Valkyries), but you can't add your own custom tracks.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Ghostiet

@masterpine: Yup, port is insanely well optimized. It auto-set everything to high and I'm running it at a solid 60 in my monitor's native resolution and this PC isn't new by any means.

This pretty much settles me getting The Phantom Pain on PC - although I will miss having a nice box for that and Ground Zeroes next to my Legacy Collection.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chumley_marchbanks: Oh, okay. That's like the PS4/Xbone versions then, at least there was an excuse for those systems (namely they didn't have support for listening to music at the time).

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mooseymcman: it's only select Metal Gear music plays, like Flight of the Valkyrie. STILL, I want some Snake running to Queen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.