Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Are there two Millers in the Metal Gear universe? SPOILERS!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Okay, here's an idea: Kazuhira Miller and McDonnell Miller are two different people. Here's my reasoning:

1. They have different names.
    2. McDonnell Miller was a survival expert who helped train Solid Snake, but, as evidenced by MGSV trailers, Kazuhira Miller has lost his eyes, an arm, and a leg. While prosthetic limbs are abound in the universe, fake eyes are not (otherwise why would Big Boss still have an eyepatch?).
    3. There is clearly a different person voicing a Miller looking guy at the beginning of the trailer where Big Boss is said to be in a coma, and Robin Atkin-Downes (the voice of Kaz) is in that trailer in different spots.
    4. Kaz has said before that he did not live with his father while growing up, and thus he could easily have a brother who looks just like him, but they never knew each other until later in life.

Okay, so what does everyone else think?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

GODDAMNIT, MOOSEY

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: When the Miller brothers are all up in Ground Zeroes, you're going to regret these words, Liam! You'll be like an abyss, full of regret!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Which one has the nanomachines though?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Which one has the nanomachines though?

I guess that would be McDonnell, because he was the one that was killed and replaced by Liquid, who probably had some nanomachines in him.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Xeiphyer

That... Is a compelling argument!

It'll be interesting to see what Kojima has planned for us.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pr1mus

@mooseymcman: You know this makes me realise i don't know anything about Miller. Because McDonnell was always dead in MGS and i never played Peace Walker. I should play that. I own it on PSP and largely got the PSP for that game and almost never played the damn thing!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus: If you don't mind spending another $20, the PS3 version (and I assume the 360 version) of Peace Walker is well made (for a remake of a PSP game), and available for downloading. I've played both, it's better (well, the PS3 and PSP versions, I mean).

That said, if you already have it and a PSP, you might as well, though the controls are clunky.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's stupid and ridiculous and absolutely something I expect(and hope) Kojima would do.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

" Nanomachines, son"

Actually, i thought he was more of an theme to remake MSX Metal Gear 1 and 2.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Maybe he got prosthetics that took over his brain and turned him into a different person. Isn't that a thing that happens in this series? Or am I imagining things again?

I feel like I end up going through the Metal Gear wikipedia entries once every 8 months or so, just so I know what the deal is with those games, but it never makes any sense and then I forget it all like the next day. I'm thinking of maybe getting this one, though, so... that's gonna be fun.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

God I love Metal Gear Solid and all the dumb hypothetical bullshit that is possible in this universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.