Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Easy way to snag an APC (endgame spoilers)

davidmerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So you need to complete the yellow-marked "Recapure the Port Facilites" combat deployment in order to unlock all of the final missions. The hitch is that you need an APC. I have a tank, but no APC. Where's a good place to get one? Besides Episode 9, where the vehicles are all on the move and it's difficult to Fulton them. The more stationary the better.

Thanks!

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode 9 with EMP mines?

Cesakich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, emp mines are perfect for that if you have them. Otherwise a decoy can work in a pinch

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Turambar

Those "Eliminate the Armored Unit" side ops usually have one. Alternatively, episode 9. Park your horse in the road, and just sneak up from behind.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you sure about needing to do that combat deployment thing? I haven't done it, but I have access to all missions as far as I know

davidmerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it appears simply replaying Episode 9 triggered the next cutscene, but regardless the D-Horse trick worked. Thanks for all your help!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.