Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

GIGANTIC SPOILERS and maybe some theories

• 50 results
    Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

finish that story line, it gets explained.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacecouncil: The whole Paz thing becomes very clear once you are done with her particular storyline. As for the Quiet = Chico thing, it's been killed beyond belief. The voice actress denied it, Kojima denied it, and the tapes in the game state that he is dead.

You didn't specify but I assume that's what you are talking about, as I'm not sure what else you could be referencing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d000a93730da
    deactivated-5d000a93730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

When was the last time Kojima denying something taken as the truth? "The guy on the third bed is from my perspective" "Naked Snake being Raiden, playing as Snake in MGS2. He is not exactly forthcoming. I have one more picture to get for Paz so maybe that will clear this up and it says this explicitly. HOWEVER, Kaz and Ocelot had every reason to keep that a secret. They also went through with a bunch of DNA testing on Eli, they all knew. It was just a cassette tape, where are the body and remains?

I guess The End was infected with parasites as well. Having splotchy eyes and doing weird things in the forest, did you see Quiet have her rainbow dance in the water during the fight?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chemtrails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

projectino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is hilarious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw the final cutscene with Paz explains that that Venom Snake has PTSD great. What a bunch of BS. So nothing definitive. Except one anecdotal thing from a liar on a tape.

I guess Quiet is just some random then

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You seem very intense.

I guess The End was infected with parasites as well. Having splotchy eyes and doing weird things in the forest, did you see Quiet have her rainbow dance in the water during the fight?

The End is very specifically mentioned and talked about in the game. Did you miss that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: I must have, enlighten me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll grant this all that nothing really connects Chico to Quiet other than the timeline and his mindset that he failed Paz but that doesn't change that Quiet is most likely related to "The End" perhaps a granddaughter

And when Stephanie Joosten said "Chico is definitely a male and Quiet is definitely a female" That's how sex changes work if you didn't know that.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but that doesn't change that Quiet is most likely related to "The End" perhaps a granddaughter

So Code Talker is The End's granddaughter too? Metal Gear is so crazy!?!

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacecouncil: I can't remember the specifics but I think Code Talker began all his research by using the exploded remains of The End and finding the parasites in them. I think that's what they say

monovet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was just a cassette tape, where are the body and remains?

His remains are literally in your heart. The doctor explains that bone fragments were found lodged in Snake's torso and skull at the very beginning of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monovet: So just the kids and the pilot die, But everybody else lives including Ahab, minus a few limbs also, The real big boss does not have shrapnel in him either does Kaz. So I guess just Ahab got the brunt of it eh?

@teddie: what?

@pie: Sure, that makes sense. I don't remember specifically either

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monovet: So just the kids and the pilot die, But everybody else lives including Ahab, minus a few limbs also, The real big boss does not have shrapnel in him either does Kaz. So I guess just Ahab got the brunt of it eh?

I mean they specifically show that Venom threw himself in front of Big Boss so yeah he did get the brunt of it eh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: Nah, watch the cut scene again, Ahab is in front of everyone. Its obv true he is the only one to get shrapnel however it'd be shrapnel from the missile or the helicopter. I know what the doctor said. The footage does not support that, everyone is behind him. Everyone in that hospital is in on the ruse

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: Yes, I have done Mission 45 and 46 not in that order and watched mission 51 and also completed side op 150 which I now realize is redundant to say. Did you listen to the tapes with Zero?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@spacecouncil: I don't......what? Why are you disagreeing with me?

That video clearly shows Venom jumping in front of the blast that Paz causes and receiving the shrapnel from the blast. Some of the shrapnel is from Paz and her bones and teeth. I don't see what the controversy is here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: Who is disagreeing? Ahab is in front... of everyone. Paz does not explode, its a missile from the other chopper. Paz probably got hit a little and bleed to death in the ocean. Chico is BEHIND him, so if anything thing Ahab should be inside of chico and the real big boss not the other way round.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: All right, valid point. Lets say its all PTSD and Ahab is just dreaming the whole thing even back to the helicopter. Fine, granted.

That would mean PAZ is inside Ahab not CHICO. Why did no one recover chicos body when they immediately recovered Ahab, BB's, and Kaz's. Why?

monovet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacecouncil: Dude, why are you so up in arms about this? They say Chico died and it is never alluded to again. End of story. Why are you clinging so hard to this theory with zero basis?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monovet: Zero basis? There is more evidence for than against and I've demonstrated this. Not definitively of course but that wasn't my objective.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did no one recover chicos body when they immediately recovered Ahab, BB's, and Kaz's. Why?

I don't know maybe because Chico is some punk kid and Big Boss is freaking Big Boss. And they never say that they didn't recover Chico's body, they just say that he died. Did you want the decomposing corpse of Chico to be trotted out?

That would mean PAZ is inside Ahab not CHICO.

WHO IS SAYING THAT!? WHAT!? Ahab is Venom, Paz exploded and her bones flew into him because he jumped in the way to save Big Boss. It's that simple. Venom misremembered the events maybe because of the trauma of the incident and or maybe because of the mental reconditioning that was performed on him during his coma to make him believe he was Big Boss

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the evidence for Quiet being Chico?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: Are you lost? Chico body not in Ahab means he could be alive. Giving credence to my theory. (Someone mentioned that the bones in Ahab were chico)

and when is the last time a military outfit just went and gave up and trying to save someone because he wasn't big boss. Chico was the extraction target or did you forget that? Skull face sent Quiet to kill big boss in Cyprus , Skull face also used chico and paz as bait for big boss for the nuclear inspection. Are you kidding me with this. Its a huge whole in the lore. You'd be silly to dismiss it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: I admitted that I can't connect them directly. I've already admitted that. I'll repeat

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pie

@spacecouncilForget what that one guy said why on Earth does Chico's body not being in Ahab mean he could be alive? Chico didn't explode Paz did. Chico was just sat in the helicopter and died because Helicopter crashes can be pretty brutal, especially to some kid that had just been being tortured.

Why are you linking the fact that SkullFace sent Quiet to kill Big Boss to the fact SkullFace used Chico and Paz as bait? Where is the link there? What reason would SkullFace have to send Chico specifically to kill Big Boss? Quiet was just some XOF assassin that then wanted revenge on Big Boss after the hospital so started going along with the whole crazy parasite plan.

Is this massive gaping hole in the lore just the fact that you never see a dead body of Chico? I'm pretty ok with dismissing that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: You're not linking them correctly, they aren't both being used to kill Big Boss, The link is that he(Skullface) instilled hatred towards Big Boss. As you may remember Quiet tries to kill Big Boss before undergoing parasite treatment to survive from the burns, THEN has a change of heart. Chico was into Paz instilling further distrust. He failed two interrogations and was also forced to watch Paz get raped. He is not exactly stable. and Ahab doesn't look like he trying to save boss. Its looks more like he trying to prevent Paz from jumping as his hands are reaching out the door not in front of Boss.

I honestly don't understand why its such an absurd theory. In a world where parasites kill based on language, "vampires" nanomachines, ID locked guns, PSYCHO MANTIS, cloning, the genome project, the very idea of the patriots, face swapping and self hypnosis, gigantic bi pedal walking nuclear deterrents.. a simple sex change with reasonable reasons to why its happened is completely impossible.. right. Whatever, its a good theory. Its probably not or possibly is something Kojima cooked up. Either way its VERY compelling. Its likely he has remained ambiguous in its regard to further create a mystery he didn't intend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're all diamonds. Even if you accept arguments from authority.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pie

@spacecouncilThe difference between your Chico theory and all the others that you listed is that the others are things that are actually in the game. The big reveal never happens, it just isn't a thing.

I just don't know what you're trying to say with the first paragraph. Like, what?

Quiet tried to kill Snake because that just was her job, she was an assassin it's what she did. After the hospital she wanted revenge on Snake and so agreed to the plan to infect Diamond Dogs with the vocal cord parasite but then has a change of heart at some point.

A sex change isn't that crazy but there is just no reason to think it occurred. It's like going "well metal gear is so crazy just look at all the crazy stuff in it! Why wouldn't Ocelot actually be a shapeshifting alien?!" sure he could be but there's no good reason for it.

I don't see what difference it makes if Ahab was trying to save the boss or catch Paz, that's just irrelevant to everything.

Why would Chico being "into" Paz instill distrust for Big Boss?

I can't remember the specifics of ground zeroes but does skullface even instill hatred towards big boss in Chico? Chico seems pretty ok with being rescued by Big Boss from what I remember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie: Yes, there is no definite answer either way, which I've already stated

She didn't agree with the vocal parasite side effect that was a back up plan by Skull face, the parasites saved her from dying from the burns.

There are plenty of reasons Chico could have had a sex change. I have already listed a few of those reasons.

@monovet said:

@spacecouncil said:

It was just a cassette tape, where are the body and remains?

His remains are literally in your heart. The doctor explains that bone fragments were found lodged in Snake's torso and skull at the very beginning of the game.

This is why I bring up that chico is behind Ahab and everyone else so that invalidates this theory.

Chico being into Paz could instill hatred or at least reluctance to go against Big Boss. She was a double agent working for Zero and stole Zeke from MSF.

And as I said nothing is definitely said in either direction. So this is and always has been going nowhere. Its just a very sound theory that people are saying isn't true because Kojima says so. Which as anyone who has ever played a Metal Gear knows there are twists and turns everywhere. I already closed this whole thing. You are all Diamonds. Even if you accept arguments from authority rather than the evidence presented.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Why are people trying to force Chico into being some central character? Next thing Amanda and Nastasha Romanenko are the main characters of MGS6. Chico was there to have Kojima write about Mokele Mbembe and Monster Hunter in casette tapes. Please y'all.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And as I said nothing is definitely said in either direction.

Except the part where it is definitively said in the game that Chico is dead, and there is nothing anywhere in the game that contradicts that statement.

mangopup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I see, you missed the point of the Paz quest line. She's a phantom, she represents Venom Snake's regret for not noticing a second bomb inside of her, hence the revised ending to GZ. All in all, she does explode.

Chico died in the crash with the XOF chopper, Kaz lost his sight, arm and a leg, Big Boss (real) lost a lot of blood went in to a coma, Ahab was also thrown in to a coma, and finally Paz exploded from the second bomb littering Ahab with all of them bone fragments. There is nothing else to it, sorry.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Oh my god doing the episode "The Quiet End" episode or whatever its called. I've died at least 25 times. This is sooooooo fucking bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine. Quiet is not Chico. But a cassette from the people doing an extremely elaborate ruse even down to doing DNA tests for someone they know and supposedly he himself knows is not the real Big Boss seems awful strange. You all win. Congrats.

Yes mission 45 is very hard. One shot tank fml

and @mangopup I already said that the Paz part (on mother base) signified Ahab has PTSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You aren't diamonds anymore. Let the heartless sea take you. Argument from authority fallacy.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacecouncil said:

Fine. Quiet is not Chico. But a cassette from the people doing an extremely elaborate ruse even down to doing DNA tests for someone they know and supposedly he himself knows is not the real Big Boss seems awful strange. You all win. Congrats.

Ocelot forgets who the real Big Boss is in the same way that he becomes Liquid later, i.e. hypnotherapy. He only snaps out of right at the very end, and then goes on to tell Miller what's up. That's why he wasted his time on the DNA test despite the fact that he should have known the outcome.

Chico's done and dusted. You can yell about fallacies all you like, but there isn't even a hint of his survival in the game. Big Boss isn't Venom? Hinted at. Paz isn't real? Hinted at. All of the other major or minor twists have the traditional Kojima foreshadowing all over them. There isn't a scrap of evidence, not a single clue of Chico's survival.

Sorry man, he's cooked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except that Ahab listened to the tape, The man who sold the world/Operation Intrude N313 directly after the hospital. So he did know.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...is there any way to get Quiet back after the mission where she records the tape for you and leaves? Because if not there is no way I am Platinum-ing this game, because there's a trophy for completing all the mission objectives and that seems impossible without her. A yes or no answer would suffice.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan_citi: If you are on PC you can edit the game files or something and put her back in and continue on like nothing happened

Except that Ahab listened to the tape, The man who sold the world/Operation Intrude N313 directly after the hospital. So he did know.

What no he doesn't why do you think that. If you mean the very first cutscene you see before the hospital even then that explicitly states it is taking place in outer heaven presumably in 95

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is hilarious.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while... Holy cow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do realize that him not listening to the tape meaning he doesn't know would give the theory more credence. Which is what I said in the first place. And I dont remember the final cut scene that well. As in Kaz and Ocelot have to lie to him. Making them a non reliable source of information. Once again, we have people who like to shoot down plausible theories because someone said differently. This is a fictional story. Its a theory. I NEVER SAID QUIET WAS INDEED CHICO. I simply brought up there is more evidence for it than against it.

Remember when you thought you were playing as Big Boss the whole game? Remember when you thought Rose was married to the Colonel? You people sure know how to rip the fun out of everything I'll give you that.

If I said "Person A is dead" on a recording. Since when has then been proof of something? Other than the fact I said out loud that Person A was dead. Bunch of muppets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm chalking this up as a missed opportunity.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dezztroy

This thread is real dumb.

Chico is dead, sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already gave up. I accept that chico is dead and thats canon. I think its a missed opportunity. How many times do I need to say I'm wrong.

You are all right. I am wrong. Now shut up. PLEASE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.