Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

How Did You Beat Episode 20 [SPOILERS]

• 57 results
    John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

First time I hit him with 2 water towers, and several water tanks in the other open building. I had no idea what I was doing other then trying to hit him with water. But I ran out, it finally rained, and he left. 2nd time I hit him with two water towers, and saw a fulton Icon pop so I tried it, and it actually worked?! Though he escapes. Im still not sure how to actually beat him to be honest.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It was basically the end of T2 except it was a cliff and waterfall not molten steel.

acsellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Tried to ride the jeep off the cliff to escape, died.
    • Tried to run to the tunnel, it collapsed.
    • Tried to drop a water tower on him, I missed.
    • Tried to shoot or blow him up with C4, didn't work.
    • Tried the water pistol, gave up.
    • Tried to blow him up with the explosive tanks, no effect.
    • Tried to hide in reservoir, he found me.

Then I got angry and started lobbing grenades at him from the reservoir. One of the grenades knocked him into the reservoir, and I "defeated him". I didn't even try to fulton him, I just called a helicopter and ran away.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wow I feel so dumb after reading these (I never even saw a water tower) but he killed me once and the next time I just called in the chopper and jumped in and he was kind of inside the building/structure thing and I just escaped. He hit the chopper once but we got out fine, guess I got lucky.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just barely made it. I was dead set on using the smaller tanks as I couldn't find the tower or the reservoir. I couldn't call the chopper in case I missed the shot so there was barely enough time. Chopper took a couple of hits but had just enough time on my side. Kinda tense but infuriating as I could only spot the little tanks and there was very little in the way of plan B. I was thinking about Jeeping it but figured the tunnel was the only way out.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I just got him near the water tower, and launched a rocket into it. It's quite effective.

Also, I love that your Jeep is on fire, and D-Dog is just kickin' back — not givin' a fuck.

Throat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Throat

@nux said:

I just waited until it rained. Once that happened he left and I was free to call in the chopper.

This happened to me first time but then I went exploring and blowing things up and accidentally killed myself. I had to do it again but it didn't rain, next time I blew up the gas tank and that knocked him into the swimming pool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.