Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Metal Gear Solid V TV-Series Opening

carroway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I always felt that The Phantom Pain was missing a proper opening video. So I made one myself, in the style of the old A-team intro.

It was a missed opportunity not to have it show up before every mission, as they already did do a mission credits scene.

What Tv-series style opening do you guys think would fit MGSV?

The idea came about, when I saw IGN's MGSV re-imagining as an 80's movie.

The Crappy quality is fully intended. Not sure if I'm proud or sorry yet, but there it is :P

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

This is excellent.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That is quality, well done man!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet

You've made a mistake in Robin Atkin Downes' name. But glorious anywhoo, dude.

@dudeglove said:

You wanna know the sad thing? It's rumored that TPP was actually meant to have a shitty 80s film grain filter, but was shelved for whatever reason. The cigarette burn "damage" effect is the leftover of it.

Kojima said it was too taxing on the hardware and that he came up with the idea when he watched Ron Howard's Rush. Here's a link with his tweets!

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6  Edited By arbayer2

"In 1975, a legendary soldier, his second-in-command and companions traveling by helicopter were attacked by a covert faction of the United States government.

The helicopter crashed into the waters of the Caribbean and the soldier's home was destroyed. The soldier, known as Big Boss, fell into a coma from which he could not escape... until nine years later.

A mysterious benefactor saved his life in 1984 from the same G-men -- who attacked once more. These men promptly escaped from a remote hospital in Cyprus to a new home in the Seychelles.

Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The D-Team."

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Needs some jeeps flipping over and the freeze frame on Venom Snake should be him popping out of a cardboard box. Apart from that, it's great stuff.

@ghostiet said:

Kojima said it was too taxing on the hardware and that he came up with the idea when he watched Ron Howard's Rush. Here's a link with his tweets!

Rush is terrible.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bribo: I liked it. The focus is on its grain effect anyway in this particular case.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

This is fantastic. I almost want the start to be the full on A-Team intro voiceover, like say... this sort of thing.

@arbayer2 said:

"In 1975, a legendary soldier, his second-in-command and companions traveling by helicopter were attacked by a covert faction of the United States government.

The helicopter crashed into the waters of the Caribbean and the soldier's home was destroyed. The soldier, known as Big Boss, fell into a coma from which he could not escape... until nine years later.

A mysterious benefactor saved his life in 1984 from the same G-men -- who attacked once more. These men promptly escaped from a remote hospital in Cyprus to a new home in the Seychelles.

Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The D-Team."

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ghostiet said:

@bribo: I liked it. The focus is on its grain effect anyway in this particular case.

There are things to admire. It was superbly cast and they totally nailed that 70's look.

I thought the script was poor and the racing scenes were not exciting at all. Also there's the bit at the end where the two protagonists randomly meet up and explain their whole deal to one another, just in case you missed it during the last hour and a half.

Grand Prix (1966). Now that's an F1 movie.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

For a second, I thought this was going to be an article about an actual Metal Gear TV series. I was a mixed bag of emotions.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

You SHOULD be proud of this. Weird how I think the gameplay matches an "A-Team" setting well, but the cutscenes and story couldn't be farther from it. The juxtaposition just makes it better.

Ohhhhhh... But I just realized that tune is going to be stuck in my head for a while. Undertale boss theme, say goodbye for now!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Oh wow.

That was excellent. Well done.

carroway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ghostiet: Yeah I saw the mistake when I had uploaded it to Youtube. I exclaimed a pretty loud damn it, in the train, much to he chagrin of the passengers beside me, when I finally did notice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.