Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Question about the ending of MGSV

bart008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is mission 46 "truth" the ending of the game? Main reason I ask is because I saw stuff involving Paz in the preview for chapter 2 but never saw that play out. Is there a way to miss that?

FDL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FDL

Yeah, 46 is the last story mission. As for the Paz stuff, complete the Wandering Mother Base Soldiers side ops. Obtain all the photographs and show them to her.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

She's on the medical platform somewhere.

serius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You gotta explore the medical platform. You can miss Paz entirely if you don't seek her out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Also you can complete mission 46, see all the credits whatnot and still finish the Paz side story at your leisure afterward.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

Yeah, it's the ending. Mission 51 got cut and would have been the mission sorta leading up to it as opposed to it just popping in out of nowhere. I suggest watching the cut footage of that on youtube if you haven't already. If there was another secrete ending i'm sure someone would have found it by now.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was doing repetitive soldier extracting sideops and then when you're sort of forced to do the same in the story missions I had enough. I played up to mission 44 or so and watched all the last cutscenes on youtube instead of doing the rehash S rank shit. That's not why I play these games. I'm happy to be done with the game at 54 hours. /salute

bart008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know. Thanks for the help. I will try to finish up those side ops for the Paz story bit.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Finished the Paz section today, thought it was preetty cool.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished the Paz section today, thought it was preetty cool.

I think it was my favorite part of the entire game to be honest. I wish they would've had a tons more stuff like that or like how Dan/Jeff/Jason/Brad talked about on the Spoilercastwhere maybe you as the character misinterpreted tons of stuff.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was doing repetitive soldier extracting sideops and then when you're sort of forced to do the same in the story missions I had enough. I played up to mission 44 or so and watched all the last cutscenes on youtube instead of doing the rehash S rank shit. That's not why I play these games. I'm happy to be done with the game at 54 hours. /salute

You don't have to get S ranks or do the super hard versions. It's just about progressing an in-game clock by either doing side missions or replaying just the original, normal version of old missions. Whichever you choose or have access to. And if you replay missions, you just have to get through them. Doesn't matter how you do. Just seems like that's a misunderstanding that a lot of people have, not picking on you or anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.