Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 24, 2009

All three Metroid Prime titles in one package. Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes are reworked to include 480p widescreen, motion controls, and achievements.

Would you want Metroid Prime Trilogy HD on the Switch?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll Would you want Metroid Prime Trilogy HD on the Switch? (139 votes)

Yes, that'd be pretty cool! 71%
    No. I wouldn't want that. I just want some new games! 16%
    I couldn't care less either way. 9%
    Not sure, let me see what others had to say. 4%

To me, it'd be awesome if they had released it for a final time, with original and updated controls, and perhaps 1080p (that could happen on the Switch right?) While I'm sure I'd be okay with the original GameCube control scheme, I'd like to feel how it plays with standard first-person shooter controls actually. It has been a long time since I've played the Metroid Prime games, but it was earlier this year where I had gone back to the first one for a few hours, and it's still really good. I never did beat the second one (either on GameCube or the Wii version), though did go through the third when that came out (I had only finished MP1 in the Wii package). Anyways, I'm all for a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remaster. What about you? Not only would you want it, if you did, what would you like to see in it that's different or improved? Perhaps one other thing that could be done is re-orchestrated soundtracks? Like remix's similar to the recent Final Fantasy remasters have been doing. It's not really necessary, but it's just a thought.

• 
    Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would get it, but it's not something I would champion. Those games are good, and with 4 coming out it would make since. I would be more interested in them bringing over Bayonetta or Hyrule Warriors. For HD remastered I would rather the two Mario Galaxy games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, why not? Have it on wii u but have been too lazy to set up a wiimote with the system to play it. Lot of opportunities to bring lesser known/played games to the Switch I say.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ungodly: Bayonetta's not really necessary. And Hyrule Warriors? Hmm. Mario Galaxy 1 sure, but as fine a game as Mario Galaxy 2 is, it's way too much like the first (but a little worse in my opinion) that I wouldn't want two as the first game is sufficient enough.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire 2D Metroid anthology would be nice to have all in one spot but I imagine that would be no easy task. At least bring Zero Mission and Fusion up to the level of Samus Returns but in 1080p. I'd love to be able to play a collection like that all on one system before Prime 4.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'll take the Metroid Prime trilogy on PC, thanks.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, the Prime series needs to die out.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Already own it on the Wii/Wii U but sure why not. It would be a bit weird to release Metroid Prime 4 after all this time with a lot of people never having played the trilogy.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By isomeri

Yeah, releasing these before 4 comes out would make a lot of sense. The spring of 2018 is looking a little thin on the Switch, so sticking something like this in there would be nice.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I would actually be very surprised if they did not release MPT sometime next year. It just seems like a no brainer.

Zoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Zoidberg

As someone who only had a limited chance to play just the first one, I would really love this! I've been out of touch with Nintendo consoles basically forever (only really have spent a lot of time with their handhelds, but I did briefly own a used Gamecube in the early 2010s), so any and all ports/collections like this are appreciated.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sure, why not? Have it on wii u but have been too lazy to set up a wiimote with the system to play it. Lot of opportunities to bring lesser known/played games to the Switch I say.

I was coming in here to type this exact same paragraph.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I only played the first one back on the Gamecube. It would be interesting to play the other two. I'd probably only be a buyer at about $30 though. Paying full price, or close to it, for re-releases is a no go for me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Absolutely. I played the Trilogy on the Wii U last year and those games look amazing in HD, but I hate using Wii-motes to aim. I'd love to play those games with a traditional controller.

Avatar image for absoluteunit207
    AbsoluteUnit207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it had the capability to use either joycon aiming or the "classic" prime and/or two stick aiming, I'd be all for it. I think motion aiming with the joycons would work well.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have to finish my copy on Wii, but it'd be a great way to bring people up to speed before 4 comes out, so sure.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I got it on Wii U and only played the first one. So I'm good.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Switch needs Virtual COnsole in the worst way, so hell yes. bring on all the back catalog

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ry_Ry

I say yes, because I skipped 2 on the 'cube and on the Wii trilogy release.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FrostyRyan

@justin258: I don't think the games display in HD if they're played on the Wii U? I finished playing the trilogy a couple weeks ago and there was nothing high res about them.

This is why there definitely needs to be HD versions on the switch. I will buy that shit again.

jadves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe just a straight port would be better, it'd save resources that could better be spent on new games. I don't think Metroid Prime's visual style would benefit much from an HD update anyway.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadves: They wouldn't be wasting resources by making an HD version of games that already exist. It would sell and they can make a profit to give us more new things in the future. "Resources" isn't a collective pool.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good games should be available on as many platforms as possible. Although I could probably do without buying them for a third time.

jadves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: You're probably right, it's just hard to shake the notion that HD remakes distract developers from putting their 'full focus' on new titles. Although I'm aware that my understanding of game development is flawed at best.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: You're right, it's not HD. It's 480p. If it was HD, there wouldn't be a need to really ask this question. However, people can play it emulated on PC to make it HD. I wouldn't do it (my PC probably couldn't handle it), but I like seeing the videos of it on YouTube to get an idea of what it'd be like. I also wonder how it controls on the emulation.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@justin258: I don't think the games display in HD if they're played on the Wii U? I finished playing the trilogy a couple weeks ago and there was nothing high res about them.

This is why there definitely needs to be HD versions on the switch. I will buy that shit again.

They display in 1080p - uprezzed from what they displayed on the Wii to the resolution the Wii U is outputting at. But those textures aren't 1080p textures and nothing is being rendered in 1080p. Yet Metroid Prime still looks fucking incredible, thanks to excellent art direction and smart use of technology (all of the rooms in that game are kinda small).

@ntm said:

@frostyryan: You're right, it's not HD. It's 480p. If it was HD, there wouldn't be a need to really ask this question. However, people can play it emulated on PC to make it HD. I wouldn't do it (my PC probably couldn't handle it), but I like seeing the videos of it on YouTube to get an idea of what it'd be like. I also wonder how it controls on the emulation.

I have tried to emulate the Metroid Prime Trilogy on my PC because I thought mouse and keyboard controls would at least be better than Wii-Mote controls. It actually controlled pretty poorly and I wound up with the worst of both worlds, plus Metroid Prime Trilogy is a difficult game for Dolphin to run very well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.