Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid

Franchise »

The Metroid series follows the missions of Samus Aran--a bounty hunter for the Galactic Federation--as she explores the galaxy fighting off Space Pirates and a variety of other enemies.

GC or Wii?

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Ross

I've always been interested in the Metroid franchise but have never pursued it really.  I saw that Metroid Prime is being re-released with Wii controls and I was wondering whether I should buy it that way or find a Gamecube version of it.  Thanks.

CrazyLaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CrazyLaser

Gamecube is best..

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Wii version should be better if the controls are like in Prime 3.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By clarke0

Get the GC version. Metroid Prime was a game that was developed for the Gamecube controller and it just feels right.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Shadow

Metroid Prime 3 is good only because it was built from the ground up for the Wii.  The original game wouldn't be good at all with them just crammed in there like you know they will be.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ShadowKiller

I enjoyed Prime 1 and 2 on the cube way more than Prime 3. I'd go for the original.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Proper aiming alone is going to make it feel much better. Well, not just aiming really as you can always use the lock-on in the Prime games, but simply anything that has to do with lookin around. I don't see how people can say it will be worse just because the game was originally made for a standard pad (*checks alignment* oh, right then). It's still got basic FPS mechanics, and the Wii controller is simply better for those things. All that's going to differ from Prime 3's quality is the weapon selection, since it's not streamlined as much in the past games. Still, very much doable, and very much an improvement regardless. Unless they somehow manage to fuck it up, but I don't see that as very likely. Heck, they had modified Prime tech demos to show off the remote aiming prior to Prime 3's release when they wanted to show how it would be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.