Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid

Franchise »

The Metroid series follows the missions of Samus Aran--a bounty hunter for the Galactic Federation--as she explores the galaxy fighting off Space Pirates and a variety of other enemies.

Would you be okay with a more stealth-focused Metroid game?

iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By iWonder

Something that's been on my mind lately, is that I have no idea what Nintendo is going to do with Metroid now. Other M came out a while ago, but there's been not a single peep of what's to come next. Perhaps I'm not waiting long enough - metroid's not really known for rapid releases, but speculation is harmless enough, yeah?

So then the title of the thread popped into my head after seeing this:

http://metroid-database.com/features/contest-3.php

Alot of the entries are kind of dumb, namely "LETS GIVE SAMUS WINGS." But the winners were pretty cool - I liked the idea of the fusion redesign especially, having Samus 'evolve' instead of grabbing data as upgrades.

But there were three entries that focused on a stealth theme. It's a small pattern, but nonetheless a pattern, drawn from the 23 entries. Someone evidently would be okay with that, even if it's in some weird, imaginary way for a metroid fansite's redesign contest.

What do you guys think? Is there some merit to adding stealth to metroid? Or should she remain all Stellar Badass, all guns, all the time?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

I think people just want to see Samus in her catsuit....

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't care if it is a Metroid game, as long as it is a stealth game I'm all for it.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Yes. But I'm the sort of person who would be okay with stealth-focused anything.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phrali

what?

i love stealth games but you might as well turn metroid into a tower defense game, makes no fucking sense

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By egg

stealth is something that I have yet to experience as something that works well in gaming, the exception being online multiplayer

also stealth might clash with the explore-every-nook-and-cranny-of-the-environment elements of Metroid, since you would no longer be able to do so freely. But if those elements were taken out then maybe then it might work decently enough.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phrali

@egg said:

stealth is something that I have yet to experience as something that works well in gaming, the exception being online multiplayer

play sneak king FUCKING PLAY IT

iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By iWonder

@egg said:

also stealth might clash with the explore-every-nook-and-cranny-of-the-environment elements of Metroid, since you would no longer be able to do so freely. But if those elements were taken out then maybe then it might work decently enough.

I should have posted this earlier. I think you play as the thing from Alien in this? Think about it.
    I should have posted this earlier. I think you play as the thing from Alien in this? Think about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

As long as Team Ninja isn't behind it then whatever.  Though I would prefer to have a traditional 2D Metroid then another non Retroware 3D Metroid.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

I would love anything Metroid. I just really wish they would do another classic Metroid game. Make it like Shadow Complex or something, 3D but with the same 2D perspective. There is no need to get into this whole camera angle thing. God Nintendo come on!

And please, leave Samus in her suit. I really hate when she's in the ugly blue thing.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By BeachThunder
    NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I love Metroid but I hated the more steathy aspects of the series so no.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.