Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 01, 2009

An anime-style installment in the Might & Magic series by independent Canadian developer Capybara Games. It mixes elements of strategy RPGs and puzzle games.

This game is so fun, real shame it's had so little press.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Farley_Lives

I remember hearing about this game when it came out on the DS since the Area 5 guys did an episode of their show CO-OP, but I didn't have a DS. So when I heard there was an HD version in the works I got really excited, and then nearly a year goes before we hear anything again. I came to find out a week ago that it's finally releasing by checking GB's games calender, so I finally got to download it last night and I'm having a great time with it.

But why o' why did this game get so snubbed? Did Ubisoft just not care about it or where they having a hard time making the HD version? I don't suppose we'll ever find the answer, but to come out  a week before Portal 2 seems odd. I'm glad it finally came out, just a bummer that it might go unnoticed. (Reffering to the HD release)

Krixok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Krixok

At first glance it looks like a bad puzzle game. But after watching the GB quicklook, it seems much more interesting...

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GunslingerPanda

It's also a real shame that it's not on PC, 'cause I want to play it!

Chylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Chylo

I played the trial on XBL, and I was instantly hooked. I might just buy it for the DS though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's a critical darling, that's for sure. Nonetheless, I have it on DS and I also recommend it even though it goes against pretty much everything that Might and Magic used to stand for.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By LegalBagel

It is strange that it hasn't seen more press.  I would have completely ignored it if it wasn't for the Quick Look - the title just suggested bad strategy RPG to me - but I'm through the first area and loving it.  Takes some of the concepts from a game like Puzzle Quest with a deeper, more strategic puzzle game behind it.  Only thing that I've disliked so far is that i'll never S-rank the game since it has online achievements.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss

I played the DS version a while back, very cool puzzle mechanics.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Sessh

I bought it yesterday after watching the Quick Look (never even heard of it before) and I'm really loving it so far.

If anyone wants to play online, just message me on XBLA (Sessh0). I just finished (and won) my first 2vs2 match, and it was great. And hilarious, because one of the two dudes on the opponent team was a real moron, and the other guy (still feeling kinda sorry for him) went freaking nuts because of that.

Avatar image for purple_proletarius
    Purple_Proletarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Too bad I'm $5 short on my account to buy this. $15 is a little too steep...

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Sarkhan

i really want to try this. But downloading the demo(trial) it get's to 98-99% and then it freezes for me :S

Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sinkwater
    @Deathpooky said:
    " It is strange that it hasn't seen more press.  I would have completely ignored it if it wasn't for the Quick Look - the title just suggested bad strategy RPG to me - but I'm through the first area and loving it.  Takes some of the concepts from a game like Puzzle Quest with a deeper, more strategic puzzle game behind it.  Only thing that I've disliked so far is that i'll never S-rank the game since it has online achievements. "
    I've actually had a lot of fun with the online.  There doesn't seem to be enough people playing, but out of the 5 games I've had, there have been 0 disconnects and most games are pretty close.  If you are hosting, just make sure not to allow artifacts and to turn on the timer, though.
    Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kiro

This game is great. Have put 15 hours into the campaign at this moment and i'm enjoying it.

Have gotten to level 6 online, managed to get a streak of 5 going at one point. Artifacts are great. Playing as the elves with that fast growing walls, or unlimited reinforcements as human dude is awesome.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Farley_Lives

Woo! Just finished the campaign last night, clocked in at around 25 hours and it was great! I tend not to gush, but I figured some good "word of mouth" wouldn't hurt. Gonna try the online some more later and maybe contemplate writing a review for it.

Oh, if any one has questions or needs tips in the mean time; feel free to PM me. (On the game of course... yeah yeah I know, duh! But you never know.)

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By louiedog

You guys aren't kidding. I didn't think I would like this game based on videos I watched of the gameplay. I had the quick look on in the background but wasn't paying enough attention I guess. I'm so glad I got this game now. I've only played for a few hours, but I'm in love with it. It's easy to recommend this one.

If I had a DS I'd probably opt for that version instead. This is a game I'd rather have on me to play on the train, while I'm in the bathroom, or slowly while watching TV. I get completely absorbed in it on the TV, but I don't think it makes the experience better and I'd rather have the flexibility in when I can play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.