Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mighty Flip Champs

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 01, 2009

A puzzle-platformer for DSiWare by WayForward Technologies. The game was released on June 1, 2009 and retails for 800 DSi points.

Mighty Flip Champs Out On DSi Ware This Monday

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Take noteBrad...

No Caption Provided

WayForward, developer of Contra 4, LIT and Shantae, will be serving up Mighty Flip Champs on Nintendo DSiWare this coming Monday. (1st June).  The game will be exclusive to DSiWare.

WayForward:
    "Directed by Shantae creator, Matt Bozon, Mighty Flip Champs continues WayForward's legacy of creating compelling original IP's aimed squarely at gamers that demand modern game design with an old-school zest"

Details:
    In Mighty Flip Champs, players control Alta as she warps through a virtual stack of maze-laden chambers that "flip" past like pages of a magical book. Action takes place on the top screen, with the Touch Screen displaying a reflected preview of the next room, and Alta's projected destination within it. When it's time to flip, Alta uses her Magical Warp Wand to replace her world with the next one. Will she land safely on solid ground, or be crushed under it? By cycling endlessly through room after brain busting room, players will match wits with some of the most inspired traps in puzzle/platforming history.

Really looking forward to playing this game, it's just the type of creative game I had hoped for, and expected from DSiWare.

Video Interview:

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Looking great.

:P

Why was the post duplicated/locked... I thought you'd add it on the other related thread lol.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Thanks. Wrong forum, due to flood protection.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool

Brad will be too busy looking for another clock to write an article on to notice this  :-)    Good looking games aren't on his radar with the DSi.

The artwork looks pretty good.  I expect by the time I get a DSi in August (birthday), there will be at least a couple of games to interest me.  Otherwise I can ask Brad for advice on clocks  :-)
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

oldschool said:
    Brad will be too busy looking for another clock to write an article on to notice this :-) Good looking ... [more]

Well the game does have a prominent timer, so ya never know.

God I love that music. The earphones will be plugged in with this one when zoning out. It does have good art also, but it's the little graphical touches that I like. They have a sweet retro quality. It's nice when games hark back to a older era like that, I love it, It makes me feel all warm and happy inside..The little sound effects work to same effect also.

It looks like a lotta fun, I will be looking forward to getting this on Monday, and what else is coming to DSiWare very soon now ;)

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Drebin_893

Hey man, thanks for the heads up! I'll be checking this out.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    "You'll be flipping between 8 screens"

This game is going to **** with your brains, but you will love it.

Like the homages to Mario World ^ ^, there's a few Nintendo references I can see. Solomon's Key is one,  as is LoZ: LA. Cement Factory also.

EDIT:

I need to get some Nintendo Points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.