Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mighty No. 9

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 21, 2016

An action-platformer headed by Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune, and crowdfunded via Kickstarter. It is heavily inspired by Inafune's Mega Man franchise.

Stretch Goal: Help the KickStarter hit Chiptune Soundtrack

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

If funding for Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune's new side-scrolling game Mighty No. 9 reaches $3.3 million on Kickstarter, developer Inti Creates will bring the game to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it was announced today.

"We know by the time the game ships in 2015, many of you will be proud owners of one next-gen system or the other--or maybe both!," reads an update on the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter page. ..

Though the game could come to next-generation consoles, no stretch goals for portable versions have been announced. This could change, according to the developer.

No Caption Provided

GameSpot: Xbox One, PS4 stretch goals added to Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter campaign

No Vita version then, yet. You can donate here: KickStarter: Mighty No. 9

With 22 days to go, compcept has just past 1 Mil, 9 Hundred Thousand. It past its inital completion goal past 9 Hundred Thousand.

If anything, this might be the one Megaman game I might actually play. Because I suck at most Megaman games, and I just never bought into it. You would of think they would of come out with a downloadable Megaman X version by now. But then, well that's why this exists, and then Capcom and Inafune fought, and now we're here. Anyway, cool.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I really hope they reach that goal. I finally broke down and supported the game after it seemed like an inevitably that the game would come out on a system I could play the game on (i.e. consoles) but I would much, much rather have it for the next-gen consoles rather than the current-gen, because, well because I only have so much room in my media stand.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that sucks a huge dick is that the rewards do not clarify if you can get a code for the consoles instead, from the digital reward.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that sucks a huge dick is that the rewards do not clarify if you can get a code for the consoles instead, from the digital reward.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@grissefar: You can.

"If we reach this level of funding, we can add the PS4 and the Xbox One to the list for every backer getting the digital version of Mighty No. 9 to choose from! To recap, that would mean you could choose one of the following: PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS4, or Xbox One!"

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I forgot the GameSpot article..

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grissefar: You can.

"If we reach this level of funding, we can add the PS4 and the Xbox One to the list for every backer getting the digital version of Mighty No. 9 to choose from! To recap, that would mean you could choose one of the following: PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS4, or Xbox One!"

I know, but it doesn't say that on the reward itself. Sucks a dick, does it not?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By mrfluke

glad to see this finally reached consoles, highly doubtful itill hit next gen through kickstarter though. they have said they have been approached by publishers though.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the Kickstarter is about to end now. If it reaches 2.25 million more, it can jump on next-gen!.

There's a farther PS Vita stretch goal, and an even farther 'Call' single player stage goal. Yeesh, that's alot in 31 hours..

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$3,300,000: PS4 and Xbox One Versions: REACHED!!!

Yes! We heard your calls and are proud to report we can finally offer next-gen versions of Mighty No. 9 here! We know by the time the game ships in 2015, many of you will be proud owners of one next-gen system or the other -- or maybe both! If we reach this level of funding, we can add the PS4 and the Xbox One to the list for every backer getting the digital version of Mighty No. 9 to choose from! To recap, that would mean you could choose one of the following: PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS4, or Xbox One!

$3,500,000: PlayStation Vita and 3DS versions: REACHED!

That’s right! At this level, we can make digital versions of Mighty No. 9 for the two most popular handheld systems out there: the PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS! (These will both be added to the list of available systems to choose from, so every backer who is set to receive a download version of Mighty No. 9 can choose either of these as the system for their game download, instead of a home console or PC version.)

$3,700,000 SINGLE PLAYER CALL STAGE & BOSS FIGHT!

Yes! We heard the feedback from our community, and at this level, we would be thrilled to fulfill this popular wish -- to add an all-new single-player level, including a boss fight, where you can play as Mighty No. 9’s heroine, Call! We agree it would be a fun addition and a great way to mix up the action, so fingers crossed we can make it this far!

$3,800,000: OPTIONAL RETRO-STYLE CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK + FX!

You’ve seen the names of the legendary musicians attached to this project: Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada... It’s a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers. So we thought, why not tap into that retro vibe and cook up an optional chiptune version of the entire Mighty No. 9 game soundtrack, including classic sound effects? That’s right – we’ll remix the entire soundtrack, retro 8-bit-style, and the game’s sound effects, for you to listen to in-game as you play, as an option you can toggle on or off in the settings menu!

$4,000,000: ONLINE BATTLE RACE MODE!

The ultimate online competition! You and a friend compete online, racing to the end of slightly customized versions of single-player stages. You can see your rival as a "ghost" image in your game, but you can't affect each other...save for the enemies you defeat being sent over to impede your opponent’s progress! It's an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I don't know much about making video games but would it really cost 100K just to make a chiptune soundtrack and sound effects?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

I don't know much about making video games but would it really cost 100K just to make a chiptune soundtrack and sound effects?

Seems like it would be a reasonable price to me. I work in commercials and it costs tens of thousands to get audio done for a 30 second ad.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, they not only reached the 3DS/Vita goal but the Call stage and boss too? Impressive.

I have to assume that extra couple hundred thousand is from other sources, since the site doesn't actually say they've hit 3.7 mil yet, so I have to wonder how close they are to 3.8.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrfluke

@zeik: yea they are accepting money via paypal as well, they got nearly 170k through paypal.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ugh, since it's a Vita title now, I think I might make the plunge... This might be a console buyer for me.

Yes, anything with software and games are expensive.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I cannot express in words or even sound the level of excitement I have for this game getting funded and made. I cannot fucking wait!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.