Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Favorite seeds?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SexyToad

What are your duders favorite seeds? Please say what version of Minecraft the seed is for and a description.

Mine is 404. There's a gravel patch near the ocean. When you hit or place a block on it the whole thing collapse. It opens up a huge cave. There's a 404 challenge where you have one day to collect resources from up top. As soon as it's night you must return to the hole and survive underneath in the caves. It's a fun thing to do when you're bored and or with friends. This works for 1.7.3 but I have heard of it working in later versions. So try it!

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By audiosnow

After the 1.8.2 Xbox 360 patch, the seed: 71370754 spawns you near an enormous abandoned mine. I've really no idea how big the mine is, because I couldn't explore it all in the five+ hours I've spent on it so far, but I've found (rough, but not generous estimates) 150 exposed iron ore, 300 exposed coal, and eight chests.

To get to the abandoned mine, head straight south at spawn sixty meters and you'll come to a six-by-six sinkhole fifteen meters deep. Turn west (right) when you reach the sinkhole and walk twenty or so meters to the bottom of a hill. The entrance is a bit hidden, but you'll walk right into it if you follow the directions. Once inside, you'll pass a pool of water--I actually had a broken dungeon generate here the first time, but not the second--and follow the waterfall a bit further down. Just at the waterfall's end there's a pile of gravel and peeking through a hole is the mine's entrance.

This seed is the fastest I've gone from absolutely nothing to iron everything and a huge melon farm.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SexyToad

@mlarrabee said:

After the 1.8.2 Xbox 360 patch, the seed: 71370754 spawns you near an enormous abandoned mine. I've really no idea how big the mine is, because I couldn't explore it all in the five+ hours I've spent on it so far, but I've found (rough, but not generous estimates) 150 exposed iron ore, 300 exposed coal, and eight chests.

To get to the abandoned mine, head straight south at spawn sixty meters and you'll come to a six-by-six sinkhole fifteen meters deep. Turn west (right) when you reach the sinkhole and walk twenty or so meters to the bottom of a hill. The entrance is a bit hidden, but you'll walk right into it if you follow the directions. Once inside, you'll pass a pool of water--I actually had a broken dungeon generate here the first time, but not the second--and follow the waterfall a bit further down. Just at the waterfall's end there's a pile of gravel and peeking through a hole is the mine's entrance.

This seed is the fastest I've gone from absolutely nothing to iron everything and a huge melon farm.

That sounds amazing! Once I get some friends together and play XBLA Minecraft, I'll use that seed. Thanks!

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By audiosnow

@SexyToad: When I found it yesterday, I was actually planning on making a new thread just to tell folks about it!

Somebody should really sticky this and make it official...

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By audiosnow

@SexyToad: I just did some exploring above ground and found a swamp biome, a large waterfall, a few towering monoliths (one looks like a huge church, complete with cavernous basement), and a few more sinkholes to explore. I've tried only a dozen random seeds, but this one is definitely proving itself to be the best of them.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SexyToad

@mlarrabee: I just tested the seed out. It's pretty great! The cave hole wasn't too hard to find. Also when I went in, I found a dungeon spawner. Plus to the right was lava. I havn't been up top yet but I wil later.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SexyToad

I thought I'll update this with a 1.4.5 seed I found for PC. "kingpunchwood" This places you in a nice grassy area. There's two close villages and a ravine. In the dessert you can find a dessert temple and I believe there's a witch's hut close by as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.