Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft

boots281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By boots281

I hate to admit it, but I've become pretty bored with Minecraft. Talk about your first-world problems. I've had it since Alpha and I just feel like I've seen everything. I've dabbled in some modding but it either doesn't interest me or I don't have the technological know-how to get it to work, (haha, I'm awful). The only thing I haven't tried is multiplayer. So, it may sound like I'm complaining, but does anyone know of any good servers? I'm pretty experienced in the game and I consider myself a mature person... uh... people seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late... 

Also, I know there's an official Giant Bomb server, but the forum page says I have to have been a member of Giant Bomb for over a month. Does that mean a month exactly? I mean, I think I joined around June 28th-ish but I'm not sure. Additionally, are there any secret tests I have to pass? Any dangerous trials? Thanks in advance!

boots281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By boots281

I hate to admit it, but I've become pretty bored with Minecraft. Talk about your first-world problems. I've had it since Alpha and I just feel like I've seen everything. I've dabbled in some modding but it either doesn't interest me or I don't have the technological know-how to get it to work, (haha, I'm awful). The only thing I haven't tried is multiplayer. So, it may sound like I'm complaining, but does anyone know of any good servers? I'm pretty experienced in the game and I consider myself a mature person... uh... people seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late... 

Also, I know there's an official Giant Bomb server, but the forum page says I have to have been a member of Giant Bomb for over a month. Does that mean a month exactly? I mean, I think I joined around June 28th-ish but I'm not sure. Additionally, are there any secret tests I have to pass? Any dangerous trials? Thanks in advance!

ChiefofAwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ChiefofAwe

I can't help you get on the server, but I can help alleviate your problem: Embrace pistons. Build a city with complicated minecart tracks with devices and bridges all using pistons. It is incredibly fun and you learn  a lot about redstone (it should be easy if you already know how to use it, but if you don't, it is a great place to start.) That is how I got back into Minecraft recently.

Cheers

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sanity

I bought it and played it for a month but haven't touched it since. I'll check back on it if its ever released but i'v done all i feal like doing in it myself for now.

boots281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By boots281

@CheifofAwe I do love me some pistons, the problem is my limited understanding of redstone, haha

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RaikohBlade

I've heard that Minecraft is pretty addictive. One of my friends in my dorm last year was infatuated with it. He got bored of it after a while, but he kept going back to it. He must have pumped lots of hours into that game, and I'm sure this is true for most people that enjoy that kind of game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.