Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft is using Vega 8's integrated graphics

Natan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Natan7

Hi, I need help with something and I don't know where to look for it, I have an ASUS TUF FX505DT laptop, and it comes with a GTX 1650 graphics card but Minecraft is using Vega 8's integrated graphics.

No Caption Provided

I'm using optifine along with forge, and using shaders my game is crashing and giving errors like this.

No Caption Provided

I'm using this shader https://minecraftshader.com/sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders/

can you help me?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

You should be able to force your laptop to use its discrete GPU all the time. I am not sure how to do this, actually.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disable to the one you don't want to use in the device manager. Probably.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I can't be sure but assuming your laptop is the same as my old one with switchable graphics, if you look under the Display tab in Settings there should be a 'Graphics settings' page which should let you force a preference for which GPU to use on a per app basis.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can go to nvidia control panel and make use gtx all the time.

I had a similar issue before and this has solved it.

plinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Disable to the one you don't want to use in the device manager. Probably.

Would it waste their battery faster if they disabled the internal one though? I feel like the internal one is used when they are doing light stuff like email or web browsing. That might be something to consider and find out before they try this. I'm not sure either so my post also comes with a "probably".

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamesyfx:

thank you very much it helped me..

To the others who commented as well, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

MaxxDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MaxxDay

Hey there! If Minecraft is using your laptop's Vega 8 integrated graphics instead of the GTX 1650, try this: Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to "Manage 3D settings," select Minecraft, and choose the "High-performance NVIDIA processor" as the preferred graphics option. If that doesn't work, check out ASUS TUF forums or support websites for more solutions. BTW, have you tried Advertise Minecraft Servers at https://minebrowse.com/??? It's a great platform to promote and discover different Minecraft servers. Let me know if you need further assistance!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.