Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft modding help.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SexyToad

So this is where I'm out right now. I added some mods to single player and that's fun and all but recently I discovered a splitscreen mod. I highly recommend to check it out. But that's not the point of the tthread. I got splitscreen working on my pc. Me and my brother could play on the same monitor. It basically runs two instances of minecraft and connects them through a server. one minecraft automatically takes controls from a controller while the other just plays normally. Well we are wanting to add some mods. Anyone know how we can add mods to a server game? We were wanting Yogbox or mine colony. Then maybe some portal mods.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

Oh and also I know about bukkit. We're not wanting those, we want ssp mods to work on smp.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By living4theday258

@SexyToad said:

Oh and also I know about bukkit. We're not wanting those, we want ssp mods to work on smp.

you mean stuff like the buildcraft mod, or industrialcraft2, or plasma craft?

I'll use buildcraft as an example since I know it works for non-bukkit servers

• download the server version of the required mods(modloadermp, minecraft forge ect...)
    • Open the Minecraft_Server.jar, DO NOT delete META-INF
    • drag and drop the stuff from modloadermp, minecraft forge, ect.... into the Minecraft_server.jar
    • Profit.

Note im not the best at installing server mods so this may not work, and I wrote that under the impression you know how to install singleplayer mods.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.