pirated version vs. legit version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charliesheen22 (99 posts) -

I'm not saying I have pirated it, I know anyone who has pirated it, or any pirating will ever go on, but in a hypothetical world where hypothetical things happen and people hypothetically pirate stuff, what's the difference between the pirated version of minecraft and the legit version?

#2 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Supporting a dev.

#3 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

I think, even with all the hypothetical-ities in this thread, it still breaks the rules stated for the forums of "[NO] Sources and use of illegally obtained material or intellectual property (theft or piracy)."

#4 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I bought it legit awhile ago, and when I tried my old pirate copy, I couldn't play without going online at least once. So the pirate copy pretty much doesn't work.  
Just buy it, seriously. I am done with pirating games, it is more trouble than its worth.

#5 Posted by MB (12430 posts) -

Find another forum if you want to continue this discussion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.