Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

well this is weird

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By FancySoapsMan

So I just bought minecraft but the framerate in this game is terrible (on my laptop that is.)

I was wondering if anyone here had any problems like this, and if anyone knows of any way to fix it. I would imagine my laptop should have no problem running this game, seeing as it's almost brand new. If anyone knows of any solutions then I'd appreciate it. I'm having to resort to playing on the lowest settings possible, and it makes me sad.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't have any lag problems with my Toshiba laptop and it's weaker than your Vaio. You can go to your graphics card settings and change them, you can also change the graphics settings in the Minecraft menu.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mmmslash
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " So I just bought minecraft but the framerate in this game is terrible (on my laptop that is.)

I was wondering if anyone here had any problems like this, and if anyone knows of any way to fix it. I would imagine my laptop should have no problem running this game, seeing as it's almost brand new. If anyone knows of any solutions then I'd appreciate it. I'm having to resort to playing on the lowest settings possible, and it makes me sad. "
    I'd start by going into your MInecraft menu, and changing your Graphics to FAST.

Then, while in game, press F to lower the draw distance until you end up with something acceptable.
    Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ComradeKritstov

If the framerate is dropping when you are exploring new areas, that is normal. The game is generating the level as you explore and often causes lag spikes.

KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By KingPossum

If you are playing this game in browser mode for any reason, do not use chrome because it has issues after running for a bit. Instead use Firefox or IE.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Setting the graphics to Fast is the only thing that's helped. 

thanks for the help.

I'm going to keep on looking online to see if there are any other fixes though.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FancySoapsMan

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.