Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MLB 11: The Show

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

Sony's MLB franchise returns for the 2011 baseball season, with PlayStation Move and 3D support.

Manager Mode?

dahapr44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dahapr44

Can anyone who already has the game confirm for me that there is a manager mode in MLB 11 similar to last year's version, where you can watch the game and act as the manager of the team by making strategy decisions and substitutions? Thanks!

mdub0814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mdub0814

Picked it up today, but I didn't see it on the main menu.  I've only messed around with RTTS and played one exhibition game so far.  I didn't get The Show last year so I don't know where the manager mode would be if it wasn't on the main menu.  Was it only available in season or franchise mode?

dahapr44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dahapr44

Thanks for taking a look. I very much appreciate it. 

I already sold my copy of MLB 10 back after the end of last season, so I don't exactly remember how to access it. As I recall, I believe there was a toggle option for it somewhere in the gameplay settings. I'm sure that I used it in Franchise mode and I thought that it was also available during exhibition games as well.

dahapr44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dahapr44

FYI, word on the street has it that manage only mode is now available only when playing season/franchise.

mdub0814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mdub0814

I played the franchise mode and found the manager mode in there.  It's called Sportscast Manager, and it's available as one of the choices when you are about to play a game.  Still don't see it on exhibition mode.  Hope that helps.

dahapr44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dahapr44
    @mdub0814: Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.