Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MLB 11: The Show

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

Sony's MLB franchise returns for the 2011 baseball season, with PlayStation Move and 3D support.

PSP version?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dizzyhippos

So has anyone tried the PSP version of this?

robcourtney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By robcourtney

I like the PSP version quite a lot. The graphics are okay (it's hard to avoid comparing it to the PS3 version), but the actual game is a lot of fun and there's a lot going on. I've been playing Road to the Show mode pretty much exclusively.

Two things I would say you should know. First, the game is not afraid to throw you in the deep end. This is my first The Show game and there is virtually no introduction to many of the concepts. You just have to get in there and play. Road To The Show is full of scheduling and training techniques and other choices you need to make and I am only now coming to grips with a lot of them. Second, and this is more minor, the loading times can be long. I'm playing the PSN download version and I spend a lot of time in loading screens and in simulation screens (my player is a pitcher and so I have to wait between appearances while the game simulates what happened while I wasn't on the field).

Solemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Solemn
    @Dizzyhippos: I've played it, and not really impressed with Road to the Show. There's not much change from the '09 version. It needs improvement. The PS3 RTTS feature which awards you points even if your at-bat resulted in an out is not there (It would've really made the RTTS mode on the PSP more enjoyable) and they didn't remove dynamic goals, which 8 times out of 10 doesn't get you anywhere.

Though with that said, I still like MLB 11 since it's the best baseball sim on the market.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.