Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MLB Bobblehead Pros

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 06, 2011

An arcade/sim baseball game with bobblehead players in the style of Konami's Power Pros baseball games.

When is the Quick Look Coverage Happening?!

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ElCapitan

Power Pros is my favorite baseball franchise. I can't wait for the coverage today!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By natetodamax

The Quick Look is going up in 3 hours.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

Patience.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ElCapitan

Awesome. I was just kind of worried it'd been forgotten about. Any of you guys actually played it yet? Is it any good? My xbox was stolen in May and I have yet to replace it, but this and Bastion have been making me want to return. I really wish it would just come out on PS3, but you take what you can get, I suppose.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By buft
    @el33tcapitan said:

Awesome. I was just kind of worried it'd been forgotten about. Any of you guys actually played it yet? Is it any good? My xbox was stolen in May and I have yet to replace it, but this and Bastion have been making me want to return. I really wish it would just come out on PS3, but you take what you can get, I suppose.

i tried it, its not very good, looks good though but plays pretty bad, it cant pick the right fielder in most situations and the movement is screwy, pitching was rubbish but the batting was ok.
    ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ElCapitan

@buft: Did you ever play the PP games that came out on the Wii? Does it control significantly different from that? Difficulty selecting players sounds like par for the course. As for batting/pitching, I'm sure that's dependent on what kind of systems you prefer. I absolutely loathe the systems in 2K and The Show, for example, but I'm a huge fan of Power Pros and Professional Yakyu Spirits.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ElCapitan

Just watched the Quick Look. Answered a lot of the questions I had. This is precisely what I want it to be: a Pawapuro game released in the states. They dressed it up in bobbleheads to keep Americans from knowing it's a Pawapuro game, but my interest is even greater. I pre-ordered the Japanese NPB Pawapuro game, so maybe it'll be too much, but once I replace my 360 this will definitely be downloaded.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By buft
    @el33tcapitan said:

@buft: Did you ever play the PP games that came out on the Wii? Does it control significantly different from that? Difficulty selecting players sounds like par for the course. As for batting/pitching, I'm sure that's dependent on what kind of systems you prefer. I absolutely loathe the systems in 2K and The Show, for example, but I'm a huge fan of Power Pros and Professional Yakyu Spirits.

i see you watched the quicklook but when i played it it seemed a lot like all-star baseball for the n64 but not quite as polished
    ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ElCapitan

It looks a little rushed and gimped from the much more solid presentations in old MLB Power Pros games. I guess they're trying to leverage Konami's great baseball system without using the anime style that didn't sell strongly back in 2008/2009.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Wow. What a necro.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

When there's no more room in Internet hell, the dead threads will walk the earth.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

IT'S ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.