Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Amazing Some Days, Crappy Others?

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By twenty0ne

Hm... is it just me, or on some days, you're amazing at Modern Warfare 2, and others, you can't get a killsteak going to save your life?

Some days I'll do amazing, place first on my team every game, and end the day improving my K/D .1 or more. Then on other days, it seems like I'm always last on my team and can't get any kind of streak going, and my K/D drops a ton.  

For example, a couple days ago I couldn't lose - I had a 47-0 match and a 34-0 match to name a few, so my K/D went up to 2.46. Then, for the past couple days, I've been playing horribly, barely going even.  Now my K/D is down to 2.38 (20,000 kills).

Anyway, I wanted to see if you guys went through this as well, and if you do, what's the best way to get out of a Call of Duty "slump?" Plus, I needed to rant a little, lol.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zajtalan

yea this happens to me too but lately ive just been playing more and more trying to recover

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam3green

i think this happens to everyone. it happens to me but i suck at the game so sometimes i'll do decent while other times i do bad.   my k/d is like .58 so u can see i'm bad.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Ravenousrattler

yeah its happened to me a few times. I think its mostly a mental thing, also how fast your reaction time is. The best thing to do is either play somethin else or take a break and come back fresh.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By choffy21

While I'm not godly, tonight was unacceptable for me. Almost threw my controller. Almost.

During those nights, usually if I stick with it, I end up getting out of my funk.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By imhuntad

I don't like hating on this game so much...I don't think it really deserves it. I think the devs deserve more hating than the actual game. It's pretty much the same thing, but they designed it in such a way that anyone can choose that "go to" gun and do good or camp and do good. Don't ever expect to do consistently well in the game unless you camp here and there. That's how I do good. Play as defensive as you possibly can.

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danguy

Different players. Sometimes your against good people and sometimes your against a few bad people.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Synthballs

Yeah, I get that. Mostly shitty though. BUT When I'm on a roll I fucking go all out. Semtexing Riot Shield makes me hard.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By RawknRo11a

yea, I've also noticed I seem to play a little better when I'm not concentrating on the game as much (oddly enough). usually talking with friends in the game and just having fun. Before I know it my Kill count is much higher than I thought it was. Hell, me and some others on my team had been making jokes the whole match, we won, AND I went 27 & 4.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora

It happens to everyone. I think I do worse off when I roll with my friends because there's a few namely ones who suck at the game and so our win lose ratio does down; and that I start to relax a bit more so I die a bit more often. It also doesn't help that the matchmaker gives me a shitty connection because it determines the best connection for the party leader and not the rest of the party; at least that's my theory. I often get three bars than four whenever I'm in a party.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RawknRo11a

another problem seems to be the janky match-making system. Not sure how it works but sometimes I'll get into a lobby where it feels evenly matched. every game is fairly close and I'm not dying too often. then I'll get into a lobby where I can't get more than a few kills in a match and everyone on the other team goes 30-5

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By hockeymask27

Do not worry, today is the coming of the Christmas newb. Get ready to own!!

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RawknRo11a

I can only hope...

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @Hockeymask27 said:
    " Do not worry, today is the coming of the Christmas newb. Get ready to own!! "
    You my friend, have nailed it on the head. Going to go online now and hopefully get some kills.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Venatio

I actually just got it today and havent played it yet because Im away from my 360 so...maybe Im amazing and I dont know it yet

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raynate2022

Oh for sure bud. I can play one night..and EVERY match get a score of 30-5 or 40-2 or whatever and be GREAT. Play the very next night and not be able to keep myself positive to save my life!! But that's what keeps it fun for me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.