Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Does Infinity Ward Even Look At The Leaderboards?

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By calidan777

So I was checking the global score and kills leaderboards to see where I stood and decided to jump to the top of the list to see who was number. Apparently it's a guy is level 1 and who's gamertag is "I mod games", I mean, what the fuck Infinity Ward? Do they even check this shit? Upon further investigation it's totally obvious just from their gamertags that many of the people in the top ten are modders.
         I love Modern Warfare 2 and all, but for a developer who wouldn't let us have party in chat in most playlists because they said it gave people an "unfair advantage", they sure don't seem to give as much of a shit about cheaters as they let on.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Well of course they do......they just don't give a shit

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz
    @Venatio said:
    " Well of course they do......they just don't give a shit "
    This seems to encapsulate their attitude towards the game as a whole quite well.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Andorski

No stopping modders.  Get a gamertag ban and all people have to do is make another one.  Also, Microsoft needs to hold responsibility for cracking down on hackers as much as Infinity Ward.  Their current claim of having a "secure, closed network" is complete shit.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

I don't even see why they put a leaderboard into their games.

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SenatorSpacer
    @Venatio said:
    Quoted for truth. 

They just like to roll around in all of the money they make, I think Bungie is the example for how a console developer should treat their community and fanbase with at least some respect.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Skytylz

You have to scroll down quite aways before you get to any legit stats.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Skald

This is Microsoft's/Sony's problem, not Infinity Ward's. 

Unless we're talking about the PC, but I doubt Infinity Ward could feasibly stop cheating on that platform.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By xMP44x

For the record, this is not Infinity Ward's problem, nor is it Infinity Ward's fault. The company make games, and those games are governed by the bodies that control their online network. For Xbox LIVE, that body is Microsoft. For PSN, that is Sony. And for PC, it is Steam and their VAC system. The game was incredibly popular and that alone increases the odds of modding scum playing the game. Considering the huge influx of modders on consoles a few months before release, odds are more people began to join in, because hey "He didn't get banned and therefore I won't either". Unfortunately the only way around this is to file a complaint on the problem. Yeah, this system is outdated but they do check up on reports so it is still a working system. 

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By EVO

As fucked as MW2's leaderboards are, the same could be said for nearly every game.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Meltac

They are to busy swimming in their pool of money.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

yeah, sometimes. i think they are working on fixing it but very slowly. i find it funny when i look at the leader boards. sometimes people have like 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 kill streak lol.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @Venatio said:
    This seems to encapsulate their attitude towards the game as a whole quite well. "
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mikemcn

Have you seen badcompany's leaderboards? Theres a dude with like a 200/1 K/D ratio. OR something equally absurd in a game where the shooting isn't even very reliable.
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By calidan777
    @SynisterSpacer said:
    " @Venatio said:
    Quoted for truth.  They just like to roll around in all of the money they make, I think Bungie is the example for how a console developer should treat their community and fanbase with at least some respect. "
    I remember when Halo 2 first came out and Bungie had leaderboards on Bungie.net but people kept cheating to get to the top so rather than have to constantly fight that shit Bungie just removed leaderboards altogether. I like having the friends leaderboards where you compared to people on your friends list but I wouldn't mind if they did away with the "global" leaderboards. While I agree that Microsoft and Sony hold some responsibility for keeping the leaderboards clean, I don't think that they should bear all of it. If Bungie can have as much control over the online portions of their games, surely Infinity Ward can too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.