Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Exited for Modern Warfare 2? I aM!

qbert56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By qbert56

Hiya! 
    Anyone excited for probably the best game of the year, side by side with Uncharted 2? 
    I know i am, and i have a couple questions. 

1. I have an Xbox 360 and PS3, so which console i get it on? Please say which one and why, and no fanboy answers plox. 
    2. There is a perk or something, i actually dont know what it is but i saw it in a video and you can steal the class from the person who killed you. Perk? Random? explain if you know. 
    3. Last but not least. Should i spend $90 more for the game with the nightvision goggles, if there are any left :P?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

1. I too am wondering the same thing- may cave and get it for both xD 
    2. That is a 'death streak' perk, if you die a set amount of times without killing anyone, the game allows you a death perk to help you out (kinda like a reverse UAV/Air strike) - one of these allows you to copy the dude that nailed oyu's loadout 
    3. I am tempted, but may use the money to get both copies instead of one with goggles

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By fuzzyponken

You console people confuse me. I can't count number of times I've seen someone ask if they should get a game for 360 or PS3. Who cares? Are they ever any different from each other? Every review I see up for a console game they always slap the exact same score on PS3 and 360 versions, and I refuse to believe they play through both. It basically comes down to which controller you prefer and which console you prefer to play online with, and how the hell is anyone else supposed to answer that for you?

"may cave and get it for both"...jesus fucking christ. No comment.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy
    @fuzzyponken said:

" You console people confuse me. I can't count number of times I've seen someone ask if they should get a game for 360 or PS3. Who cares? Are they ever any different from each other? Every review I see up for a console game they always slap the exact same score on PS3 and 360 versions, and I refuse to believe they play through both. It basically comes down to which controller you prefer and which console you prefer to play online with, and how the hell is anyone else supposed to answer that for you?  "may cave and get it for both"...jesus fucking christ. No comment. "

Someone's mad. 

I'd say get it for 360 simply because there is a larger online community and the controller is better for shooters. But that's all in preference I guess. If you already have LIVE then why not? But if you don't have LIVE and don't want LIVE, get it for PS3 if you can stand those stick configurations. 

I guess it basically comes down to: 
     Do you want LIVE? If yes, get it for 360. If no, do you like the PS3 controller for shooters? If yes, get it for PS3.
    Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Sabata

Yes, I will be exited for Modern Warfare 2!  More specifically, I will (have) exited (my house to go out and purchase) Modern Warfare 2!

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArchScabby

1.  I would say get it on 360.  More people will have it on the 360, plus the community and friends list is better.  (I don't count bratty spoiled kids in the community)
    2.Whatever
    3. Only if you're an idiot.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

1. First Person Shooters = PC . 
    2.if you die too much....... you got the answer :P 
    3. the goggles sound like a waste of money man.. its just lame

qbert56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By qbert56

kk ty 

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Meowayne

Nah, shooting / blowing up stuff is a concept I don't get excited over anymore in interactive entertainment.

DeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeadMan

The first two map packs are going to be a timed exclusive for the 360, if you care about that then get it for the 360. Other than that they are the same.

That one perk is a death streak perk, its called Copy Cat.

If you get the Hardened version you get the original Call of Duty game with it. I would not pay 90 bucks for something I probably will not use.

Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Ishoturface

i dont think i want to exit
    Avatar image for xlibertyxprimex
    xLIBERTYxPRIMEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xLIBERTYxPRIMEx

1) Xbox 360 (this is not fanboy based). I have heard from a good (real life) friend on Xbox Live that the COD:MW2 downloadable maps are completely exclusive to the 360 only. He has been talking about this game for about a year now so I trust his comment. 
    2) The "Perk" is called Copy Cat you get it when a person kills you 4 times in a row (which I personally think is dumb). 
    3) Na man thats a waste.
    LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By LiquidSwords

I can't wait either......for the PC version
    Avatar image for aneternalenigma
    AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

The DLC is only exclusive to the 360 for a set period of time. Probably two weeks.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

1.  i would say it depends on which one u play online with. since i bought a ps3 and played it online to find out that xbox live and psn are the same i now play my games online with the ps3. 

2. i don't think that it was a perk. i think it is something that is added to the game. i'm not sure though u will have to look it up. 

3. i'm getting the night vision goggles. i have money to burn so it is something that i plan on getting myself. i hope that the night vision goggles are promising but something tells me that it won't be so promising that i'm hoping for. u can take that $150 and buy both copies of the game if u want.

DrPharm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrPharm

1.) 360 ftw..all around better system bsides blu ray player..and the dlc maps arent exclusive they r jus released first on 360           2.) its a death streak perk..calld copy cat..u die 4 times n u get the last guys weapons and perks til u die            3.) personally i wuldnt pay the extra unless ur rich but in all honesty its not worth..spend the extra money on some other great new games such as borderlands 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.