Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Hacked console matches?

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By danguy

I just played a Team Deathmatch on 360 with unlimited ammo. Including killstreaks like AC-130.

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By danguy
    @itsmadness: Interesting.
    edtwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By edtwo

infinity ward said "they are looking into it". they took away dedicated servers but now we got this. to be honest, it was kind of fun to play but it got really annoying after 2 matches

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danguy
    @EdTwo said:
    " infinity ward said "they are looking into it". they took away dedicated servers but now we got this. to be honest, it was kind of fun to play but it got really annoying after 2 matches "
    They need to make it into a gametype. It's pretty fun since everyone has it.
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danguy

I just noticed another hack.

I played through a whole match of FFA and half of the people showed up as friendlys and on the scoreboard they do too, but you get points for killing them. Also the spawn point were messed up, 4 people would spawn in one spot and it was insane.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Don't know if its a hack or what.  But I keep getting matches where someone turns them into private matches.  Switches the ground war match to the Rust map, and changes the game settings.  Before the match starts everyone in matchmaking can change game settings too.  The picture where the map is turns plaid.

You don't get any experience points, but you can complete challenges and unlock perks.  It's a 18 person ground war on Rust, with hardcore settings, no killcams, and a massive time limit.  I managed to get over 100 kills, before I quit. Its insane.

Like I said, I think its a regular public match that is some how turned into a private match.  Just before the match starts and its almost always on Rust.  

I would love it, if you could earn exp points.  But leaving them is getting annoying.  Yesterday, I got caught up in those hacks over and over again.  

Would be awesome if there was some sort of public match for continuous play!  Just log in, and play team DM or Domination in a never ending or hours long game.  Just for the leveling.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By fwylo
    @SoothsayerGB:  Would be awesome if there was some sort of public match for continuous play!  Just log in, and play team DM or Domination in a never ending or hours long game.  Just for the leveling.

Like a dedicated server?
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By belaraphon

until they fix these type of problems i am going to stay away from multiplayer.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stealthdf2

to be honest the rate at which you run into these messed up games is so low that to stay away from the game is only cheating yourself of an awesome game and being a cry baby. 
    I played team deathmatch for 3 hours lastnight and didnt have one bad experience like this. what happens if you are unlucky enough to find yourself in one of these games....well you leave the game and find another....so much of an inconvenince that you have to put down the burrito and miss your bewteen battle bites?
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danguy
    @SoothsayerGB said:
    "  Don't know if its a hack or what.  But I keep getting matches where someone turns them into private matches.  Switches the ground war match to the Rust map, and changes the game settings.  Before the match starts everyone in matchmaking can change game settings too.  The picture where the map is turns plaid.  You don't get any experience points, but you can complete challenges and unlock perks.  It's a 18 person ground war on Rust, with hardcore settings, no killcams, and a massive time limit.  I managed to get over 100 kills, before I quit. Its insane. Like I said, I think its a regular public match that is some how turned into a private match.  Just before the match starts and its almost always on Rust.    I would love it, if you could earn exp points.  But leaving them is getting annoying.  Yesterday, I got caught up in those hacks over and over again.    Would be awesome if there was some sort of public match for continuous play!  Just log in, and play team DM or Domination in a never ending or hours long game.  Just for the leveling. "
    My experience was a little different. The minimap was normal, but it was on Rust. Also as I said, half the people show up as teammates(green names over their head, on minimap). And you got points for killing them along with points from killing the enemys. And It was Free For All.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.