Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

I don't know what to do.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I really don't know if I should get this game. I played it for 2 hours and it was...enjoyable sometime, but didn't feel like CoD. everybody is all like, "MW2 da best shoota eva!!1!!;1.!?!" and I don't want to contribute to that. I feel like if I play this game, I will regret buying it. Of course, this will be far into the future, as I will be playing BF:BC2 when it comes out, but I don't know if I should pick this up down the line. So many bullshit tactics and glitches...like that 1 man army thing that that gives you infinite grenades, seriously, WTF  
    Infinity Ward!? Maybe bugs will be ironed out down the line? But it just seems that this game sooo over the top, way too over the top for a war game. I mean, seriously, what soldier in their right mind would think, "Dude! I'm totally gonna duel wield these UZIs, that would be like, totally bad-ass bro!" And the maps are pretty bad...terrible. But I think I might be able to enjoy it, but defiantly not as much as I did CoD4.

I don't know, what do you think?

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daryl

By the amount of negative things you've found from the game and highlighted in this post, I think you already know what to do.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Just get it. It's fun, and everyone plays it guaranteed to find a game any time. That's why I like it.  

Who cares about the details? I can shoot a mofo till he dies. Sometimes I can stab him. Good 'nuff. 

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate

Its a videogame

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By ColinWright

I enjoy the hell out of the game, but that's just me. Also, now would be a good time to get since it's only $45 on Amazon.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " Its a videogame "
    List of smart-ass comment ahead. 

Whoa, really!? I thought I was supposed to eat it! 

How long did it take you figure that one out? 

Whoa! You're so smart! I would have never guessed! 

I thought it was a painting, you mean I can actually PLAY Call of Duty!? Whoa!!!
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Djeffers03

this game makes me depressed. sometimes I love it and other times im rage quitting the hell out of it

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Alexander
    PDC_Emulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PDC_Emulator

I personally do not like the game so im probably a bit biased, but if you arent feeling MW2 there are plenty of new games out there worth playing, and IMO are better.

Or you could just wait for Bad Company 2   :P

grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By grayfox1210

I honestly regret buying MW2. The campaign is a lot of fun and you also have Spec-ops which is co-op, but certainly not worth the price of entry.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kmdrkul
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    I feel like if I play this game, I will regret buying it.
    Then you have to ask yourself if it's worth taking the chance and in the end not liking it and having to sell it back, losing money in the process.  Rent it maybe?
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    " Its a videogame "
    List of smart-ass comment ahead.  Whoa, really!? I thought I was supposed to eat it!  How long did it take you figure that one out?  Whoa! You're so smart! I would have never guessed!  I thought it was a painting, you mean I can actually PLAY Call of Duty!? Whoa!!! "
    I think you missed something off that list- oh yeah there it is 

• You mean my near invincible soldier that can cure any rpg impact - bullet wound or explosion that can recover health by hiding out of harms way for a few seconds  - would think OMFG IMMA WIELD TWO UZIS!! - how preposterous 

Perhaps now you see the point of my post, its a game - complaining about the authenticity of a game in which you regenerate any injury straight away (and that's probably the least preposterous thing in that game) sheerly on the complaint a real soldier wouldnt dual wield and therefore its ridiculous? frickin' dumb!!  

It is entertainment, it is an action game, it is a videogame. 

And saying you are sick of all these glitches and hacks and shit- you played it for two hours man! did you even play online? if so- did you personally encounter any of this?! Because ive played about 8 days multi-player combined, and i aint seen one game breaking problem with it - hell you might as well say that you hear about people getting struck by lightning and hit by cars so im not going to go outside cos- fuck that! 

Either way bro you sound like you've made your decision about the game before even finishing your post, and seeing as on every board you seem to make it your mission to slate every shooter ever (except socom) i wont expect you to at least take these comments into consideration, and instead wait for you to just downright disagree, then through in a needless insult for good measure.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    " Its a videogame "
    List of smart-ass comment ahead.  Whoa, really!? I thought I was supposed to eat it!  How long did it take you figure that one out?  Whoa! You're so smart! I would have never guessed!  I thought it was a painting, you mean I can actually PLAY Call of Duty!? Whoa!!! "

• You mean my near invincible soldier that can cure any rpg impact - bullet wound or explosion that can recover health by hiding out of harms way for a few seconds  - would think OMFG IMMA WIELD TWO UZIS!! - how preposterous 

Perhaps now you see the point of my post, its a game - complaining about the authenticity of a game in which you regenerate any injury straight away (and that's probably the least preposterous thing in that game) sheerly on the complaint a real soldier wouldnt dual wield and therefore its ridiculous? frickin' dumb!!  
      It is entertainment, it is an action game, it is a videogame. And saying you are sick of all these glitches and hacks and shit- you played it for two hours man! did you even play online? if so- did you personally encounter any of this?! Because ive played about 8 days multi-player combined, and i aint seen one game breaking problem with it - hell you might as well say that you hear about people getting struck by lightning and hit by cars so im not going to go outside cos- fuck that!   Either way bro you sound like you've made your decision about the game before even finishing your post, and seeing as on every board you seem to make it your mission to slate every shooter ever (except socom) i wont expect you to at least take these comments into consideration, and instead wait for you to just downright disagree, then through in a needless insult for good measure. "
    I played single player and online equally. And um, I don't bash on every shooter. In fact, I will probably bash SOCOM: Confrontation more than any game. I like all the Halo game, Battlefield game, I loved MOH and can't wait for the new one, Killzone 2 is awsome, Gears of War 2 is a really fun game, Uncharted 2 is a fantastic shooter, and well, I just like shooting games. 

You need to stop making stupid assumption because they're just not true and you make yourself look stupid.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Metroid545
    @OmegaPirate said:
    "Its a videogame "

BUT VIDEO GAMES ARE LIKE REAL LIFE!
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Metroid545 said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    "Its a videogame "
    BUT VIDEO GAMES ARE REAL LIFE! "
    Fix'd
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @OmegaPirate said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    " Its a videogame "

It is entertainment, it is an action game, it is a videogame. And saying you are sick of all these glitches and hacks and shit- you played it for two hours man! did you even play online? if so- did you personally encounter any of this?! Because ive played about 8 days multi-player combined, and i aint seen one game breaking problem with it - hell you might as well say that you hear about people getting struck by lightning and hit by cars so im not going to go outside cos- fuck that!   Either way bro you sound like you've made your decision about the game before even finishing your post, and seeing as on every board you seem to make it your mission to slate every shooter ever (except socom) i wont expect you to at least take these comments into consideration, and instead wait for you to just downright disagree, then through in a needless insult for good measure. "
    I played single player and online equally. And um, I don't bash on every shooter. In fact, I will probably bash SOCOM: Confrontation more than any game. I like all the Halo game, Battlefield game, I loved MOH and can't wait for the new one, Killzone 2 is awsome, Gears of War 2 is a really fun game, Uncharted 2 is a fantastic shooter, and well, I just like shooting games.  You need to stop making stupid assumption because they're just not true and you make yourself look stupid. "
    If you played more than two hours then you should probably change the OP seeing as it would change the whole tone of your complaint- also it really isn't an assumption about your posting behaviour, because - urrm, you kinda do that in every thread you make/post in- if you need an example of this i'll ask you to refer to your Korn thread as to how you were instantly calling people offensive terms for saying korn sucked . 

And back to the point at hand- regards your original queries, if you really arent enjoying this game at all based solely on the grounds you put forward, maybe you should rent it? or just not play it
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Rowr
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " I really don't know if I should get this game. I played it for 2 hours and it was...enjoyable sometime, but didn't feel like CoD. everybody is all like, "MW2 da best shoota eva!!1!!;1.!?!" and I don't want to contribute to that. I feel like if I play this game, I will regret buying it. Of course, this will be far into the future, as I will be playing BF:BC2 when it comes out, but I don't know if I should pick this up down the line. So many bullshit tactics and glitches...like that 1 man army thing that that gives you infinite grenades, seriously, WTF  Infinity Ward!? Maybe bugs will be ironed out down the line? But it just seems that this game sooo over the top, way too over the top for a war game. I mean, seriously, what soldier in their right mind would think, "Dude! I'm totally gonna duel wield these UZIs, that would be like, totally bad-ass bro!" And the maps are pretty bad...terrible. But I think I might be able to enjoy it, but defiantly not as much as I did CoD4. I don't know, what do you think? "
    You probably wont. But its still a great game. How about a rental?
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    " Its a videogame "

I played single player and online equally. And um, I don't bash on every shooter. In fact, I will probably bash SOCOM: Confrontation more than any game. I like all the Halo game, Battlefield game, I loved MOH and can't wait for the new one, Killzone 2 is awsome, Gears of War 2 is a really fun game, Uncharted 2 is a fantastic shooter, and well, I just like shooting games.  You need to stop making stupid assumption because they're just not true and you make yourself look stupid. "
    If you played more than two hours then you should probably change the OP seeing as it would change the whole tone of your complaint- also it really isn't an assumption about your posting behaviour, because - urrm, you kinda do that in every thread you make/post in- if you need an example of this i'll ask you to refer to your Korn thread as to how you were instantly calling people offensive terms for saying korn sucked .   And back to the point at hand- regards your original queries, if you really arent enjoying this game at all based solely on the grounds you put forward, maybe you should trade the game in? or just not play it "
    Whoa now, don't turn this on me. I said I like KoRn and some other bands, them as soon as I said that a bunch of people started lashing out at me for liking my music. Maybe you should focus on all the people who where bashing me instead of focusing on me for replying to their comments. I don't know why, but for some reason whatever post I write you will disagree with it. It doesn't matter what it is, you will. I'm sorry if my music doesn't live up to your standards, but it was people like you who were always bashing me for my opinions. It ws just a simple poll and people need to tell me how badly KoRN sucked and that it was for 12 year olds, but you don't seem to care about them, only what I say in defense...hmmmm, doesn't that seem a little weird to you?
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kohe321

I love the game, but if you don't simply stop playing it. We can't make you like a game you obviously don't like.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GeekDown

Great singleplayer and AMAZING multiplayer...just get it.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Warfare

If you enjoy it get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.