Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

The REAL problem with the new map pack

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

It's 1200 points?  Yeah, that is a bit high, but it's still less per map than Gears 2 or Halo 3, so I don't mind too much.
    Two of the maps are from COD4?  No, I actually like being able to play them again.
    The maps themselves?  Actually, the maps themselves are great.  Much better than most of the maps that shipped with the game, IMO.

No, the REAL problem with the new map pack are the forced objective games.  There are no free for all or team deathmatch only playlists.  Team deathmatch is FAR and away the most popular game mode, and you'll probably end up playing it in about 1 out of every 10 games.  The stimulus playlist is just a big moshpit of sabotage, capture the flag, headquaters, and all those other game modes that hardly anyone cares about.  It really does suck.

The good news is that IW has said they'll be adding the new maps to all playlists later today.  Everyone is getting double XP starting today as well.  That all sounds good, but I'll need to wait and see how they implement the new maps in existing playlists.  Hopefully, in free for all and mercenary team deathmatch, only players with the new maps will be matched together.  Either way, I just hope they eventually add a stimulus team deathmatch, so I don't have to play the older maps when I don't want to.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By wh1terav3n

The problem that I have with the price is that the COD4 maps are 800 for 4, they bumped it up to 1200 for 5, simply because Activision thinks it'll sell, plus some of the maps must be on the disc, 330 mb for 5 maps is far too small since the cod 4 maps were 400 something mb for 4 maps. In addition, if they get away with this how long until they sell us Global Thermonuclear War (on disc) among other stuff that's on the disc but we can't currently use for just as much?

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

They should be integrating the maps into the rest of the playlists today, as well as putting Double EXP out on ever playlist. With any luck you'll get in a free for all or team deathmatch lobby with some people who also have the map pack.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ch13696
    @wh1terav3n said:
    " The problem that I have with the price is that the COD4 maps are 800 for 4, they bumped it up to 1200 for 5, simply because Activision thinks it'll sell, plus some of the maps must be on the disc, 330 mb for 5 maps is far too small since the cod 4 maps were 400 something mb for 4 maps. In addition, if they get away with this how long until they sell us Global Thermonuclear War (on disc) among other stuff that's on the disc but we can't currently use for just as much? "
    That's the fad now with all the companies. Sell what's already on the disc. The downside is that nobody is going to make a big fuss of this one because it's not 80-somethin KB like some other DLC. That's basically an unlock key.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By 234r2we232

Can someone actually prove that any of those maps were already on the disc?

Then again, speculation is FUN!!!!

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Ket87

Call of Duty, the player base, or any combination there of do not do objective based game modes very well. The maps are not designed very well for objective modes, the spawning system used by the game consistently spawns attacking forces at defense objectives. And the average COD player is not communicating, not using strategy, not helping his teammates in the most basic of concepts. They are yelling in their prepubescent voices, yelling at people who have prepubescent voices, letting loose racial slurs, and discussing the state of their high.

Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

ive been really enjoying the playlist its a good way to get used to the flow of the maps plus it reminded how fun snd is!!!

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JDDrewes

I'm usually not a huge fan of Search and Destroy....but holy shit. 1000 experience for one kill? that's crazy.

AllJenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AllJenn

I still think it's the fact that it's old maps. it just kills it.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CornontheCobbe

It's actually good that they implemented the other game types that people generally don't play into the stimulus pack. Like Sabotage, and Capture the flag.

Because hardly anyone would experience how fun they can be, because i know myself i have never manually chose to play a sabotage game.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sopranosfan

The problem is that I already own 2 of them. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.