Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

The thing that's worse than hackers: Traitors

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

I've been betrayed by teammates 3 times now. When I say this, I don't mean teamkilled. I mean one of my teammates goes into a corner with an enemy from the other team (in Team Deathmatch, TEAM DEATHMATCH!) and they proceed to boost, rocketing the other team's score ahead of ours to win the game. The first time it happened was on Karachi, but I couldn't get over to them because I kept getting murdered. The second time was actually in Sabotage in Sub Base. I was spectating the only teammate alive, and he looked down at the bomb and saw that an enemy was defusing it. But instead of shooting the enemy, he reloaded his weapon and turned around so we lost the game. The third time which was a few minutes ago was on Highrise, Team Deathmatch, teammate and enemy jump down to the side of the building and boost. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one that caught onto this. I jumped down to his position after killing his boosting partner, and soon after nearly all of my teammates came down to stop it from happening. We all died, and when I respawned I noticed that the entire enemy team had created a perimeter around them to prevent us from stopping them. Unbelievable. 

Is anyone else experiencing more and more boosters? This is the first time I've seen it happen in Team Deathmatch, and I hate it.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Interfect

I stopped playing this game a while ago. I was thinking of getting back into it. This is not helping

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

never happens to me. I play Mercs TDM (so i don't encounter boosters or parties) and i always have a good time. 

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds pleasant 

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mmmslash

I basically only play FFA, so I've only seen this once.

It's odd, though. There's an entire playlist for boosters. If you were dedicated enough, using 3rd Person Cage Match, you could hit 70, 10th Prestige in 50 hours or something.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I find it hard to believe more everyone hasn't dropped this game altogether by now. This just gets worse and worse.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7  Edited By natetodamax
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " I find it hard to believe more everyone hasn't dropped this game altogether by now. This just gets worse and worse. "
    It's ironic that when I dropped the game a while ago, it wasn't that messed up. But now, when I've returned to it, it's a huge mess.
    kosherpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kosherpork

Know what's worse than traitors? Helicopters.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @natetodamax said:
    " @sodiumCyclops said:
    " I find it hard to believe more everyone hasn't dropped this game altogether by now. This just gets worse and worse. "
    It's ironic that when I dropped the game a while ago, it wasn't that messed up. But now, when I've returned to it, it's a huge mess. "
    Yeah, i dropped it before the game got messed up too. But I quit because the game just felt too tacky and over the top.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By TheHBK

see, you should have put in the title Boosters, not traitors.  Traitors are people like me who go into friendly fire matches and kill team mates or goad team mates into killing me.

Now, for a game as fun and as popular as COD, this kind of stuff is bound to happen.  Happened in Halo 3, Halo 2, Gears of War, Fighting games, racing games and its been happening on the PC for years where there weren't even ranks. Talk to anyone who ever played Counterstrike.  Online games where you have to deal with the human factor will have problems.  I wish people would stop bitching and moaning about this game having too many hackers or glitches.  Its  a popular game, this shit will happen.  If you dont want that, go play Alien Vs Predator.  Trust me, if Battlefield is big, it will have the same problems, though maybe dealt with faster since EA controls the servers,  That of course means you wont be able to play the game in 2 years.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Well... there is always Call of Duty 4.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well... You could always play Mercenary Team Deathmatch. Far less bullshit like that.

But really, please continue. These forums definitely need another thread of people complaining about MW2.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Used to always happen in Team Death-match when the game first came out. Haven't really seen many boosters since, so I've been lucky! 

Although i have had people team kill me for a care package in hardcore team death-match.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skytylz

I'm kind of disappointed with the community so far in MW2.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Jambones
    @kosherpork said:
    " Know what's worse than traitors? Helicopters. "
    Know what's worse than helicopters? Boosting helicopters.  

GB needs an anti-helicopter tee in the store. The design I mean, not a tee that actively takes down helicopters.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Mmmslash said:
    " I basically only play FFA, so I've only seen this once.  It's odd, though. There's an entire playlist for boosters. If you were dedicated enough, using 3rd Person Cage Match, you could hit 70, 10th Prestige in 50 hours or something. "
    You must not have played FFA too much, because when I had the game there were boosters in my FFA games 1/4 of the time.  It is the playlist for those people.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mmmslash
    @FluxWaveZ:  Maybe it's because I play on PC? Anyone who wants to cheat on  PC only needs to download an .exe, so boosting isn't really necessary?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Mmmslash: That's probably it, then.
    Yellowshirts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yellowshirts
    @Jambones said:
    " @kosherpork said:
    " Know what's worse than traitors? Helicopters. "
    Know what's worse than helicopters? Boosting helicopters.    GB needs an anti-helicopter tee in the store. The design I mean, not a tee that actively takes down helicopters. "
    nah id prefer the shirt with a stinger out the chest xD news chopper. GONE. got the military on your ass? NO PROBLEM!!!
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20  Edited By Symphony
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " Well... You could always play Mercenary Team Deathmatch. Far less bullshit like that.  But really, please continue. These forums definitely need another thread of people complaining about MW2. "
    lol you always beat me to saying what's on my mind in these threads, Arbitrary.

And again, I point people to the case of CoD4 v. World. People complained about all the same stuff, but have somehow managed to forget all that and see it as some nostalgic trip down Peppermint Lane. 

You guys do know there's a reason they did that annoying "you can't be in party chat when you play certain modes" thing in MW2, right? And why there's now the Mercs TDM so that there's no groups or invites into a match. Here's a hint as to why things like that exist: These sorts of problems were in CoD4 (and other games). It's not specific to MW2. Sure the party voice chat thing was a stupid attempt at deterring such issues, considering options like Skype or Ventrillo are easy work arounds, but that doesn't negate the fact that the reason they tried doing this was because of problems that existed before MW2 was even released.

Ah well, ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By choffy21

This is why I only play when 3 or 4 of my friends and I party up.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By EpicSteve

Team Killing is one of the major sins.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Tuggah

I've only seen boosters once in Free For All. And that was a hour after beginning free for all.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green

i've never had that happen to me.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

thats when you all leave thus negating it. Oh and you report the boosters.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By TheHT

I dunno about that.

If someone keeps TKing you TK them.
    If someone keeps offing you through walls, well, you could leave?

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By K0rN

I remember this shit happening in Halo 3 (Example in a 4v4 match there was a 5 man party and the one guy on our team that was in the party would keep killing himself and lowering our score) thankfully this hasn't happened to me in MW2 yet.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never did like COD and I knew even before MW2 came out that this shit would be happening, they included way to many ways for exp boosting and perks, it's almost impossible to achieve balance.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By MikkaQ

Didn't know that even happened. I've seen some dicks in FFA teaming up and stuff, but never boosting. That's kinda crazy.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By btman
    @AjayRaz said:
    " never happens to me. I play Mercs TDM (so i don't encounter boosters or parties) and i always have a good time.  "
    i do the same....no chance of boosters
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ryax

i must confess that i am a team killer. forgive me but the game is boring unless im pissing people off

Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pinkshley1
    @AjayRaz said:
    " never happens to me. I play Mercs TDM (so i don't encounter boosters or parties) and i always have a good time.  "
    Exactly. I always play on Mercenary because it drastically lowers the douche count.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.