Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

User Created Mod

Concept »

A mod is a user-created patch that alters any part of a game, or adds new content to it. At the extreme, "total conversion" mods can change the game so much that an entirely new experience is created.

What is appropriate here?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I was looking at the wiki page for Quake III and I noticed in the concepts it had both Mod Support and Mods listed, which seemed to be redundant. Looking here, though, it seems like this page is primarily for the mods themselves. Should we remove games with mod support from this list?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

Looks like a wiki point farm to me. Redundant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are probably right. I was being conservative by not putting this in delete and combine, which might have been a mistake. Barring a couple of exceptions, mods aren't even featured on the site, which I hadn't considered.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By End_Boss

I'm not sure. A game could be listed as having mod support without having any mods, an example of which could be a newly released MMO. I think the differentiation should stand, but what do I know?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@End_Boss said:
    " I'm not sure. A game could be listed as having mod support without having any mods, an example of which could be a newly released MMO. I think the differentiation should stand, but what do I know? "

Similarly, a game can have mods but no real mod support. I think it's a fine line that doesn't need two different pages, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.