Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

I really want to...

rickolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rickolus

I really want to be good at this game. I am trying hard and sucking harder. I can't kill the bulldrome. I just can't do it. I tried with a bow. And now I'm trying it with the dual swords, which I'm better at. But we I dance with him, dodging his attacks and striking while he turns around, and eventually he gets a hit in. This goes on and on, and eventually I'm dead.

Should I have better armor? A better weapon? I'm so alone. 
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

You can make due through half the game with the starting armor if you know what you're doing. My suggestion is if you're using bow (I use bow also) Just keep back and don't use the R button for aiming, just fire off shots and constantly roll. When he scrapes the ground with his hoof he's about to charge, so when he does that start running to the side and then when he begins to move forward press X to dodge out of the way, then quickly turn around and fire off some more shots. Rinse and repeat.

Other suggestion is putting your left index finger on the D pad to control the camera, just lay your left index finger on the side of the left and right D pad buttons and have your thumb on the analog nub and your middle finger will lay on the L trigger. Eventually you will get what's called "Monster Hunter Finger" on your left index finger and it feels like it's permanently bent , but it goes away :P

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

Use a manly weapon. I use the hammer, do a charge attack (R button) and wait til it charges up. Get near him and, while stopped (not running), let go and hit near his hind legs. You'll do a down swing and an up swing. The more blood you see, the more damage you're doing.

rickolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By rickolus
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Other suggestion is putting your left index finger on the D pad to control the camera, just lay your left index finger on the side of the left and right D pad buttons and have your thumb on the analog nub and your middle finger will lay on the L trigger. Eventually you will get what's called "Monster Hunter Finger" on your left index finger and it feels like it's permanently bent , but it goes away :P "
    Wow,  this actually worked! I got him on my second try. (I continued to use the dual sword though)
    I'm getting used to it now. They should really include that in the training, I don't see how you can hunt monster in this game without knowing that.

@CowMuffins Thanks for the hammer tip, I was unaware you could charge it up like that.

Yay, now I have bone mail! Which looks a lot better than the armor I started out with. =)
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Keeng

I tried it. It's ridiculously uncomfortable for me. Then again, I don't ever seem to have any real issues with camera control so I guess that's why.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Jayge_

Yeah, this game has a huge learning curve. 50 hours and I still suck at Freedom 2, hehe. You just need to learn your weapons and master the behaviors of the monsters. This is a game you really don't ever have to feel bad about looking at a guide for :-/

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Keeng
    @Jayge: I agree. I haven't found it too difficult yet but you definitely have to be careful. There's a lot of planning and paying attention to things that happen, especially when it comes to boss fights. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.