Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

I'm Awful at Monster Hunter: Episode 1

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Mmmslash

Hello, Giant Bomb!

Welcome to Episode 1 of I'm Awful at Monster Hunter. Today we'll be doing the "Its name is Mgea Kut-ku!?" event quest. The notable features of this quest are that you must do it without any armor, you must fight two Kut-ku, and the Kut-ku are tiny. I mean, REALLY tiny. Like, unbelievably, I-could-keep-him-as-a-pet-in-the-closet-and-not-tell-Mom tiny.

Enjoy!

Again, all comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mmmslash

Hello, Giant Bomb!

Welcome to Episode 1 of I'm Awful at Monster Hunter. Today we'll be doing the "Its name is Mgea Kut-ku!?" event quest. The notable features of this quest are that you must do it without any armor, you must fight two Kut-ku, and the Kut-ku are tiny. I mean, REALLY tiny. Like, unbelievably, I-could-keep-him-as-a-pet-in-the-closet-and-not-tell-Mom tiny.

Enjoy!

Again, all comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Why is this version considered better than the Wii version?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Claude:  There's something like 4x as much content. There are more weapon types, more weapons in each type, three times as many monsters to hunt.

Also, where Tri has low-rank and high-rank, MHFU has low-rank, high-rank, and a G-rank, which is even harder.

That said, Tri has a more robust Bowgun system (although lacking Gunlances and Bows), and the improved camera control. It's also a lot more accessible for new players.
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Snipzor

Dang, those suckers are tiny, I mean really really tiny. I could keep those in my pocket and bring them to college and distract everyone with them as I do devious stuff. Hmm, what would be a neat challenge for you to take part in? 

I would say something like "Use the bowgun" but that's a dick thing to do and say. Seriously, I hate bowguns.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude
    G-rank, which is even harder. 

Sorry, that sounds like the G-Spot for gaming. Every gamers dream.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Claude said:
    " G-rank, which is even harder.   Sorry, that sounds like the G-Spot for gaming. Every gamers dream. "
    Ah, well, it sort of is. G-Rank in MHFU is basically as hard as the game gets, and where all the wonderfully insane monsters come from. Ever dreamt of fighting an Elder Dragon, as old as the very ground you stand on? That's G-Rank. 

@Snipzor said:
    " Dang, those suckers are tiny, I mean really really tiny. I could keep those in my pocket and bring them to college and distract everyone with them as I do devious stuff. Hmm, what would be a neat challenge for you to take part in?  I would say something like "Use the bowgun" but that's a dick thing to do and say. Seriously, I hate bowguns. "

I'm okay with almost anything I have access to. If you look up 4* Guild quests or 5* Village quests for MHFU, those are the points I am at, in the game. It doesn't necessarily need to be a challenge, you could have me try a specific weapon on a specific monster, or show the quests I need to do to progress. Whatever works for the viewers, works for me.
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By recroulette

I hate this game with a passion, yet I'll be buying the new game on day 1.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mmmslash
    @RecSpec said:
    " I hate this game with a passion, yet I'll be buying the new game on day 1. "
    Out of curiosity, if you hated MHFU (which I couldn't fault you for), why are you buying Portable 3rd on day one?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.