Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

The "when online hunts go terribly wrong" thread.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

Like any online team based games sometimes things can go wrong and Monster Hunter Tri is a game where if things go wrong they go extremely wrong. Share the pain.  

--------------------------------------

To start this off my team just failed a Rathelos hunting mission in a facepalm worthy way. 

A guy called "Panzer" starts the 2 star Rathelos killing mission. Me and 2 others join up with him to kill the beast. The game starts of normally  with everyone pillaging the blue box and then going out to find the beast. I only had 4 great potions and 10 normal ones with which I was a bit worried about, I also completely forgot to have dinner before going on that quest so if anyone was about to die i figured that it would be me. 
      Well not exactly, we see the beast and Panzer charges it with his longsword and dies... then rage quits leaving us 3 alone against the Rathelos with only 2 lives left. We did not give up and continued the fight which went pretty well. I managed to keep my health up all the time and land a significant amount of hits on it. Then one of my two team members dies, not a biggie though since we still had a life left and we were holding up really well. 
      We manage to damage it to the point that it started limping and followed 2 zones like that, it only needed a couple of hits and it would have been dead. The it turns around and charges me, i raise my shield but I appear to collapse and the screen says "hunt lost". I was extremely confused about what happened because I did raise my shield, then I see my character rise with one of my dead team mates at my feet. He did not block or dodge while being low on health and caused us to lose the fight at the very very end. Now that did not bother me all that much really, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. 
      What happened in town bothered me quite a bit more however. I was still  a bit confused and asked them what happened. If I died, one of them, if we ran out of time. To which the guy who died last answered "panzer died first"... I could not believe my eyes. 

Hopefully next time I'll play some of the online I will not stumble upon someone who denies any sense of accountability. Great game but you do need to play it with the right people.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

I have not yet experimented with online play because 

A) I suck and I'm trying to get better before I go online

B) Because I'm afraid of grouping up with assholes like the ones you described

I think the game's a lot of fun though; hopefully the experience you described is the exception?

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rallier
    @emkeighcameron: Something like this only happened to me a couple of times so far. When you are in a good group it rocks. Yesterday i spend a good 2 hours doing quests with 3 other guys who all had keyboards and it was great.
    McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By McSmunions

yea i've only ever had awesome hunts with random people so don't be too worried, but i did have a bad hunt the other night. i just recieved my lagiacrus urgent and there was only two of us in the room but we took it anyway. and we kicked the shit out of him, felt good. 
    what's that? we need more mats? so we do it again, only this time it goes much worse. now i don't know if it's because we were feeling overzealous or just tired but we both faint at the same time very early on. so we make the trek back get to area 11 and lagi moves to area 10...okay we follow him back to area 10...and death!
     haha, it all happened so fast. it was like he was just messing with us. needless to say that was end of the night for me, this game really does take a toll on you.

Senhasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Senhasa

I was 40 minutes into an Alatreon fight earlier today, when one of the guys fighting it had to leave. Instead of abandoning the quest, he apparently handed the controls over to his girlfriend. Two people had already died earlier in the fight, so we didn't really have much room for error at that point.

Naturally, there was a third death shortly afterwards. 40 minutes down the drain. At least I was able to carve the tail...

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By animateria

Going up against the High Rank Agnaktor I died twice for the first time.

First I was killed by a 2 hit combo.

Second I was killed by a single hit of it's beam.

I need better Fire-Res gear......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.