Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

is the mortal kombat lag still horrible?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
    deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I played it about a week after its release and the lag was HORRIBLE. i ran out of my xbox live subscription and was going to buy a new one, however I wanted to know whether they fixed the lag online? if not then im just going to trade this in for Marvel vs Capcom 3. 

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Moody_yeti

Short answer yes

But if you join a match/room with someone from your country its fine for the most part

but over crowded KoTh matches can still be a pain.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I was on an 8 ranked win streak.  

I found my 9opponent. He chooses good ol'scorp   

Lag was so bad I couldn't throw a punch, he was one of the worst players I've played with yet. I lost to him, and with it my streak, due to lag.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Slaker117
    @GlutenBob: They have a patch coming sometime soon that they claim fixes lag issues.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#5  Edited By citizenkane
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By keyhunter
    @xaLieNxGrEyx said:
    I was on an 8 ranked win streak.   I found my 9opponent. He chooses good ol'scorp    Lag was so bad I couldn't throw a punch, he was one of the worst players I've played with yet. I lost to him, and with it my streak, due to lag.
    Same happened to me. Right at launch is always the best opportunity to get those types of achievements and I usually get them within the first half hour of playing the game. But I'm afraid that ship has now sailed.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

A week ago Friday I played my first 2 ranked matches. Both had unplayable lag. I am waiting for a patch before I try again.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

I think the patch that's supposed to fix the lag issue is supposed to be out this week.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rafaelfc

I've been having some very minor lag issues lately, a little noticeable, but nothing beyond what I encountered play SSFIV... the only lag that gets in my way now is my mental lag

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mnzy

This is ridiculous and should've influenced the scores this game got alot more. What's the point of a good game if you can't really play it?

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SonicFire

It's pretty bad. What's worse is that the game will disconnect giving you losses that you certainly didn't earn

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

I don't have issues with lag. Well, only in king of the hill.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chrissedoff
    @xaLieNxGrEyx: he probably seemed bad to you because it was laggy
    soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By soldierg654342

I might have just acclimated at this point, but the lag seems to have gotten better for me. Sure, there are still a lot of unplayable games and games that drop mid fight, but I'm getting into far more playable games than unplayable ones though.  

It's far from perfect though. I'm wiffing a lot of my Sektor juggles because the timing still isn't perfect. 

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Gabriel

@mnzy said:

This is ridiculous and should've influenced the scores this game got alot more. What's the point of a good game if you can't really play it?

The single player was so good it got 5 stars, also like all games lag depends on the connection strength of both individuals.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By SMTDante89
    @mnzy said:
    What's the point of a good game if you can't really play it?
    What a ridiculous statement.  I have yet to jump online with this game (and not because of all the lag complaints either) and I'm having a GREAT time with it just going through single player modes and practicing with characters.  I don't understand what you mean by "if you can't really play it"
    shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shinigami420

yes

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mnzy
    @SMTDante89 said:
    @mnzy said:
    What's the point of a good game if you can't really play it?
    What a ridiculous statement.  I have yet to jump online with this game (and not because of all the lag complaints either) and I'm having a GREAT time with it just going through single player modes and practicing with characters.  I don't understand what you mean by "if you can't really play it"
    It's a fighting game, a competitive genre. The competition is a very core part of it. There are alot of people that bought this game so that they could fight real people. And that is not fully possible. If that is not enough for you to be a major point of criticism, I don't know what would be.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
    deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill give this game another week. If the patch that is supposed to come out this week (as pointed out by a user above) doesn't fix issues, i will trade this game in and buy MvC3. 

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Bestostero

Lag is still the same, but its gonna get much better soon...or so they say, have patience and single player, its a lot of good stuff there.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Slaker117
    @xhavoc86: You seem to follow this stuff pretty closely. Have they given any word on when to expect the patch? I keep on hearing "soon", but don't know if they've ever gotten more specific than that.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bestostero
    @Slaker117: No, just... "soon", i was under the impression that it would be released when the dlc came out too, but ive been hearing mix stuff about that lol
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By emergency

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, it is definately coming but probably not for another 3-4 weeks. It'll be a fabulous day when it does, if it really does clear up a lot of the lag. It's just unbearable as of right now.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Afroman269

@JJOR64 said:

I think the patch that's supposed to fix the lag issue is supposed to be out this week.

You sure about that? They have been talking about the "rescue" patch for quite some time now.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

@Afroman269 said:

@JJOR64 said:

You sure about that? They have been talking about the "rescue" patch for quite some time now.

They gotta get them paid DLC out first. Need the monies.

Monies over Hoes
    Monies over Hoes
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Afroman269

@KaosAngel said:

@Afroman269 said:

@JJOR64 said:

They gotta get them paid DLC out first. Need the monies.

Monies over Hoes
    Monies over Hoes

I think that line of thinking follows more closely to what A Pimp Named Slickback once said.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blueduck
    @GlutenBob said:
    Ill give this game another week. If the patch that is supposed to come out this week (as pointed out by a user above) doesn't fix issues, i will trade this game in and buy MvC3. 
    MvC3 is not a good game and I'm pretty sure very few people still play it online. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By KaosAngel

@Afroman269: What we confirmed, they care more about the monies from DLC this week and the fact that EVO is around the corner gives them less incentive to fix net-code and just focus on patching with balances. i.e. what Capcom did with MvC3...that game still runs like shit online.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bestostero

FLStyle just posted that online play improvement should be implemented this Tuesday in case you missed it :)

LobsterCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LobsterCrunk

I'm a little surprised that nothing's been done at this point and the game's nearly been out two months.

Every game I play has been laggy to the point of being simply unwinnable.  I can't time combos whatsoever because the lag affects my button presses.  If I get through someone's guard, my reactions don't even matter because whatever I press a button, the action happens 2 or 3 seconds after I've pressed it.

What's even worse is I feel like my singleplayer skills don't mean shit and there's no way I can prove otherwise.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By emergency

@LobsterCrunk said:

I'm a little surprised that nothing's been done at this point and the game's nearly been out two months. Every game I play has been laggy to the point of being simply unwinnable. I can't time combos whatsoever because the lag affects my button presses. If I get through someone's guard, my reactions don't even matter because whatever I press a button, the action happens 2 or 3 seconds after I've pressed it. What's even worse is I feel like my singleplayer skills don't mean shit and there's no way I can prove otherwise.

Think the PS3 version got 1.2 which addressed the lag somewhat.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#32  Edited By sammo21

@keyhunter: would be impossible to get the KotH achievement with the points...

Pretty sad. I really wanted to enjoy this game online but it looks like poor management is keeping that from happening.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bestostero
    @emergency said:

@LobsterCrunk said:

I'm a little surprised that nothing's been done at this point and the game's nearly been out two months. Every game I play has been laggy to the point of being simply unwinnable. I can't time combos whatsoever because the lag affects my button presses. If I get through someone's guard, my reactions don't even matter because whatever I press a button, the action happens 2 or 3 seconds after I've pressed it. What's even worse is I feel like my singleplayer skills don't mean shit and there's no way I can prove otherwise.

Think the PS3 version got 1.2 which addressed the lag somewhat.

Allegedly. 

I'm ps3 and that patch made it worst for me lol
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By sagesebas
    @GlutenBob: everyonce in awhile the lag is pretty bad, but for the most part I am having a grand time with it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.