Patch 1.03 now available on PS3.

#1 Posted by Ceno (117 posts) -

Whatever they're doing appears to be working. Just played online for a little over a solid hour. No desyncs, no lost connections, no lag, all costumes/characters in every match.

#2 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1819 posts) -

I'm more than a little afraid that this is going to be too little too late. Enough people were burned by the broken state of online play that I don't think fixing it will bring them back. I'm still going to be playing it, but I doubt this game is going to have the lifespan it could have had it not face-planted out of the gate. 

#3 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@SoldierG654342: I just sold MK a week ago because of that. I don't know if I'm going to buy it again.
#4 Edited by Bobby_The_Great (1014 posts) -

I still play.

#5 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

My beef with the multiplayer is that it doesn't have proper player matching. I still couldn't get a ranked match yesterday. I'm terrible at MK9, but the game doesn't do anything to help me find other people who are as bad as I am. I want to win half my matches. Instead, I get to sit in "0BEGGINERSONLY" and get stomped by people with 540 / 70 records.

#6 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

@Floppypants said:

My beef with the multiplayer is that it doesn't have proper player matching. I still couldn't get a ranked match yesterday. I'm terrible at MK9, but the game doesn't do anything to help me find other people who are as bad as I am. I want to win half my matches. Instead, I get to sit in "0BEGGINERSONLY" and get stomped by people with 540 / 70 records.

I've found ranked matches a lot easier to get into recently (but before this latest patch).

#7 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

I'm still having desync errors and "this match no longer exists" and dlc characters wont show up sometimes and alternate costumes wont show up sometimes... its not as refined as i would like.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

I still have trouble with matchmaking but overall it does seem to be getting better

#9 Edited by Zapbrader (176 posts) -

@SoldierG654342 said:

I'm more than a little afraid that this is going to be too little too late. Enough people were burned by the broken state of online play that I don't think fixing it will bring them back. I'm still going to be playing it, but I doubt this game is going to have the lifespan it could have had it not face-planted out of the gate.

I haven't played this game in almost a month, simply because the word is that the online is terrible. The one reason I even checked to see if the patch fixed anything was that NRS releases a new trailer every other week for character dlc, and watching them only reminds me how good this game is.

If the word now is that online is stable, I finally feel more obligated to care again.

#10 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

@Floppypants said:

Exactly my thoughts! I have played about a 150 matches or so, and my record is pretty even, I would love to play it more because I think it's an amazing game, but I can't find opponents that match my skill level. I hate seeing people in those beginner lobbies, who are obviously not beginners since they have won 9/10 of their matches, it's stupid.

#11 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

I might be lucky, but ever since the Kenshi dropped, I have had no problems at all.

Although I do agree that the matchmaking needs to take a cue from MVC3 and allow to be matched up by record.

#12 Posted by D_W (1197 posts) -

I seem to only be able to get into a match in the lobbies.

#13 Posted by handlas (2748 posts) -

a patch eh? I've held onto MK9 with hopes they would fix these issues. Playing for 5 minutes and searching for games for 30 minutes is never fun. I shall give it a go and if it works then I'll be all over the Kenshi/Rain DLC.

#14 Posted by Zealousadonis (132 posts) -

After maybe 3 weeks of not even being able to get a match going online seems to finally be getting better. I've had no problems getting matches and outside of king of the hill things have been running pretty lag free. Now I just wish everyone would get their compatibility packs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.