Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Story Mode Complete

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By briggs713

I just completed the Mortal Kombat story mode this afternoon and really enjoyed it.  It definitely was cool to see the fiction play out in actual cut-scenes and not via text.  I definitely like the smooth transition from scenes into fights and the only thing that got to me was the occasional 1v2 or cheap boss fight.  It wasn't too bad though considering it gets easier the more you lose.   I'm not sure how I feel about the ending cut-scene though.  I haven't played anything beyond tutorials and story mode.  Any suggestions for the next mode to tackle?

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MrWakka

I loved the story mode as well. The MK fiction isn't exactly awe inspiring, but it was a fun way to learn the storyline as well as try out characters i probably never would have spent much time with.

The boss fights sucked though... alot.
    Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bravestar

My suggestion is to do the challanges until you unlock Test Your Luck. After that you can choose Test Your Luck from the menu and set 7 bars instead of 3. By far the best mode.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SlightConfuse

challenge tower
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Yanngc33

I thought the transition between cut scenes and fights were cool at the beginning of the game but as it went on I started noticing the compression more and more and kind of lost its magic

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE
    @Yanngc33 said:
    " I thought the transition between cut scenes and fights were cool at the beginning of the game but as it went on I started noticing the compression more and more and kind of lost its magic "
    Same here. It looked awesome on Youtube, but the framerate/clarity changes are extremely obvious on my TV. 

Despite that, though, it's still cool.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Bestostero

Challenge Tower of course!  You'll get a lot of trophies for playing and completing it! Plus you might actually pick up a few new tricks...

...it'll also probably drive you crazy a couple of times lol

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mattbosten

Challenge tower, the best training mode in the game. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.