Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Well now I remember why I never or into MK

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By holycrapitsadam

I can never pull of the fatalities to save my life! I don't know if it's the timing required or the different distances but I can only get them to work once every 10 times

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By frankxiv

all these years later fatalities where i have to hit up still screw me over

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By animateria

The new ones are generally 4 directional inputs and an attack. And you can redo the combination a maximum of 3 times (in my case anyways)

Easy as it gets. 

Also, Fatalities are like the cherry on top. It's not the main draw of the game.

Bishop113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bishop113

I can do scorpions fatality in the MK9 demo, but the stage fatality you do with double up I can't get to work.

Avatar image for detectivespecial
    DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

Hold the "block" button while you are doing the directional moves, but let go before you hit the action move. 
    Such as  (hold block)  forward, up, up  (release block) square.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IBurningStar

Friend, I have some good news for you. This version of MK comes equipped with a game mode specifically designed to teach you how to do EVERYONE'S fatalities. It allows you to turn a timer on or off, shows you exactly where to stand, and anything else that might help you become a murdering machine.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By FateOfNever

The fatalities in MK9 seem a hell of a lot easier to pull on now than they used to be.  After playing the demo with a friend for a while (really, we played the demo for probably an hour, I can't wait for this game to come out now) I tried throwing in Mortal Kombat Trilogy since it's the only old MK game I own, and I can't pull off a single fatality in that game for the life of me.  MK9 demo I was hitting the fatality almost every single time, with all four characters too.  That said though, at least in MK9 if you fail to do a fatality they at least give you a cool little "victory scene" instead of just giving you a very standard victory pose.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IBurningStar said:
    " Friend, I have some good news for you. This version of MK comes equipped with a game mode specifically designed to teach you how to do EVERYONE'S fatalities. It allows you to turn a timer on or off, shows you exactly where to stand, and anything else that might help you become a murdering machine. "
    Finally, the game can show me how to murder people!
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " @IBurningStar said:
    " Friend, I have some good news for you. This version of MK comes equipped with a game mode specifically designed to teach you how to do EVERYONE'S fatalities. It allows you to turn a timer on or off, shows you exactly where to stand, and anything else that might help you become a murdering machine. "
    Finally, the game can show me how to murder people! "
    That's what GTA's for, foo!
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FateOfNever
    @IBurningStar said:
    That sounds like a great thing to have in an MK game!  They've really been thinking some of this stuff through, it's great!
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJWeatherman said:
    " @President_Barackbar said:
    " @IBurningStar said:
    Finally, the game can show me how to murder people! "
    That's what GTA's for, foo! "
    GTA can't teach me the finer points of face eating quite as well as Millena can
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By csl316
    @IBurningStar said:
    This is nice and appreciated, but I sorta miss the days when people that knew how to pull off fatalities were GODS in the arcade.  Gods, man!
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By benpack
    @IBurningStar said:
    This is great news!
    Clenchmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clenchmask

You can also hold down the "change stance button" at the correct distance and input the entire command without any threat of accidently hitting the stunned opponent. 

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By sammo21
    @onimonkii: yeah, the up ones are hard but relatively there aren't that many.
    benjamimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By benjamimmy

I found the older games much, much harder to pull off fatalities, but in MK9 I have found them so much easier! I'd say about 98% of the matches I've played, I have ended it with a fatality. I think it helps that it actually tells you on the moves list as well, so you never have to take your eyes off the screen, which may sound silly, but I'm sure it's helping!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKF30

Yeah, they take a lot of work/practice in the older games especially but you should know in this new MK there will be a first time ever Fatality training mode! That is a great idea, MK team really outdid themselves this time I have to say.

dswowgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dswowgold

it's great

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vonocourt
    @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    " I can never pull of the fatalities to save my life! I don't know if it's the timing required or the different distances but I can only get them to work once every 10 times "
    It is true.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bestostero

yeah dont worry, they have a tutorial of sorts in the game :)

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Vextroid

I suck at pulling off fatalities in other MK's but I can pull them off easily in this one. It helps when it tells you the distance you need to be ie: Touching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.