Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Who do you want as DLC? How much would you pay?

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

So Ed Boon has said multiple times that DLC is a big push, there is even a dlc box in the character select screen. I really don't have a problem with this as I understand you can't make everything in a limited time and they are just using this as extra dlc which is newly created content. However, much like mvc3 I am very worried about the pricing I will NOT be pay 400msp a go for characters because that 2 and it's an XBLA game its nuts! I think 200 is a very good sweet spot and 100 is a fever dream. I understand the time and effort and this is not a rant it's just a little steep if you ask me.  How much would you pay?

So who do you guys want as DLC? Personally, I only really want for Kabal if he is not already in the game and maybe Rain, but that is really it I kinda feel off after 4 so I don't know who all the crazy ones are although I do remember the heavy drinker guy, he seemed fun.  

There is also the concept of dlc fatalities which would be awesome but again they would have to be pretty cheap for me to want to invest or maybe a whole roster pack fro about 400 is something I could dance to. 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Sooperspy

I would pay 200 points each (equivalent to $2.50) and that is as high as I would go.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By sameeeeam

I'd be willing to pay 400 points each if they're characters I really want to get.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DarkShaper

I would pay up to 400 points per character if they are characters that I would want, but if they were 200 points I would end up with the ones I don't care about eventually.   

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scooper

Not going to pay 400 point for a character. Just give it to me for free. I gave you cash for the game. Give me all the stuff in the game. Or at least give it to people who bought the game new and put in a single use code that unlocks all future DLC characters and have people who bought a used copy (which is giving no money to whoever made the game) pay some dollars for the characters.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @Scooper said:
    " Not going to pay 400 point for a character. Just give it to me for free. I gave you cash for the game. Give me all the stuff in the game. Or at least give it to people who bought the game new and put in a single use code that unlocks all future DLC characters and have people who bought a used copy (which is giving no money to whoever made the game) pay some dollars for the characters. "
    Yes, yes and yes!
    Avatar image for angryredplumber
    AngryRedPlumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By AngryRedPlumber
    @Scooper said:
    " Not going to pay 400 point for a character. Just give it to me for free. I gave you cash for the game. Give me all the stuff in the game. Or at least give it to people who bought the game new and put in a single use code that unlocks all future DLC characters and have people who bought a used copy (which is giving no money to whoever made the game) pay some dollars for the characters. "
    I think something along these lines would be good. A code included with new copies of the game should include at least the first wave of DLC. If they continue to support the game with content way down the road I would be fine with paying for it, but it would be a nice to give a little something extra to those who buy a new copy of the game.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By N7

I'd pay about $5 for character packs of like three characters.

They should add in Batman Beyond and Ash from The Evil Dead. Be so cash. Batman could like, use his Boot Jets to like, burn them to a crips and then his other fateality would be like him using his cyber cape to cut them in half. And ASh would be like, he shoots them in the knees and when they fall down in pain, he like, cuts them down the middle. His other one would be like, a deadyte version of Ash comes in and buddies up with him and like, beats them to death.

They should also add Inuyasha or Edward(From Twilight) and it would be soooo cool.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Mikewrestler5

I want Charlie Sheen as a playable character. I'd seriously pay top dollar for that.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By YoungFrey

I'm going to chime in now about something that will almost certainly pop up again after release.  The game will likely have 0-point downloads that look like the character DLC.  But they are so people without the DLC can still play with people who do.   Invariably this fools some people who don't read the fine print. 
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I want Rain and kabal, Smoke, assuming they're not in. I would pay 5$ per. 
    Other than that, even if they didn't offer up DLC, Im perfectly happy with the roster. 
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Doctorchimp

Batman from MK vs DC.

Hopefully with a better move set.

100 dollars, without even flinching...

FUCKING DARE ME BOON, DO IT

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#13  Edited By sammo21

Honestly, I think the game has enough characters as it is...there aren't any worthwhile characters to add.  No thanks.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Twiggy199

i would pay nothing, in a few years time, we're probably gunna have to pay for characters like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Jin, Ryu and Ken. 
     The only character i think i would pay for would have to be Yoshimitsu :P

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IBurningStar

I'd pay five bucks for Kenshi. Every other MK character I like is already in the game, so I most likely wouldn't care to get anyone else. If the character downloads were free, though, I'd get them all. Just because.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Skald

Chameleon. 

He was always so random.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By deathbyyeti

i think a game like this a 400 msp price point is great
    this game is focused around 1 on 1 fights with tag being a nice addition
    with mvc3 its revolves too much around 3 characters so a pack should be 3 for 800 msp to be reasonable
    Blazblue charges 7 dollars for characters which is crazy since the game has maybe 14 characters

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By damswedon

Release 3 at a time for 160 each or 400 for the set Rock Band style.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @damswedon said:
    " Release 3 at a time for 160 each or 400 for the set Rock Band style. "
    This is actually a fantastic idea, I would buy everyone if they did it that way!
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By crusader8463

My memories of the game were always getting to Goro and getting my ass kicked, and always being sad that I could never play as him. So if he isn't in the game I want that. And I would pay a whopping $0 for it because I think DLC pricing is silly for what little content we get. $.50-$1.00 for one character is about what I would pay if it was a great character and I got to try it out to see if I liked it first.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Twitchey
    @Mikewrestler5:  That seems unfair since he would always be WINNING.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.