Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount and Blade: With Fire & Sword

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 03, 2011

Set in the 1600s, Fire and the Sword brings the medieval Mount and Blade games into an era of new technology and conflicts, while retaining its open world RPG gameplay.

Should I buy this? (Steam Sale)

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

Never played Mount and Blade and this is the cheapest one, is it fine to start with this? What are the differences between the games?

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

Check out the quick looks. I'd but it if I had any money to spare

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By shinigami420

Nah

Cslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Cslaw

I liked it, but I'm weird.

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ze_ro

Just get the complete pack, can't be that tight on money ?

But if you can only get one, I'd say go for Warband...it's got the best mod support.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onarum

I would go with warband if I were you, not only it's a better game overall, but there's also plenty of great mods to try after you're done with the vanilla experience.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gravier251

My favourite would be Warband. Mount and Blade Warband expanded on the original, has the same fictional medieval setting, world and factions but just more features such as being able to form your own faction to try to become the ruler of a nation/everything, get married, etc. Fire and Sword on the other hand has a setting more grounded in reality, with factions like Poland, Russia, Ukraine and a couple of others. Main difference in the game would be the time periods, as fire and sword includes basic firearms and grenades. Which can make it kind of frustrating, especially as the first one to dive into, as it can be a bit rough fighting against enemies with muskets who can cost you a battle with a single shot.

Personally I prefer the medieval setting of warband, but I haven't played enough of fire and sword to really go into depth on it. I own both, but the setting, firearms and grenades kind of put me off of Fire and Sword.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671

Warband has a demo you can check out to see if this game is for you.  There isn't really anything quite like Mount & Blade so you should probably try it for yourself before buying any of them.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Go for Warband.
    Fire and Sword is kinda wonky and not as fun as Warband, really feels like a user made mod if anything.
    Its fun, but not as your first Mount and Blade game, go for Warband, you'll thank me later.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By RafaelMei

Damn, I bought Warband and Fire & Sword like 3 days ago... It was totally worth it though, so yes, you should buy some Mount & Blade. If anything I suggest you to buy Warband, even if I played very little of both, I can say that it feels like a overall better game so far.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By fattony12000
    Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Fattony12000: Actually, I think Mount & Blade: Warband DLC, Napoleonic Wars is what everyone has been really getting into online. People are going so far as to emulating actual line battles, never thought I'd see it happen in any type of video game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.